Sunday, July 29, 2007
credit is given to orginal uploader whose pain staking effort has finally been full filled
let me dedicate theese post to thoose believers who have uploaded this videos to youtube
Friday, July 27, 2007
Cattle Mutilation Phenomena also called Bovine Excision is the enigma presented when cattle have been found that are killed by an unexplained method and anatomically mutilated under anomalous conditions. No single example of a paranormal event is so physically bizarre, or has such a negative economic impact on a specific industry. It is generally considered to have started with an anomalous mutilation in 1967 of a horse in
"A prosperous and prominent farmer named Alexander Hamilton in
This incident seems to fit well into the realm of cattle mutilations.
Though the above description is unscientific it shows that the animal is being lifted. One very important aspect of this phenomenon is the total absence of evidence physical activity of any sort around the affected carcasses. Such lack of even footprints, tire tracks, or any ground disturbance indicates that some sort of aerial device has to be used. There is also evidence that the animals may have been dropped form considerable heights after the mutilations were performed.
The aerial aspect could also explain why there is no indication that the animals died as result of predatory attacks or accidents. A very unusual natural deviation occurs at the carcass sites. Scavengers will not feed upon or even approach the carcasses despite the abundance of meat on the remains and often-fresh condition of it. Any flies, a common aspect of carrion, are dead on the carcasses.
The animals chosen, horses, cattle, buffalo, and deer are all large and can have as much as four gallons of blood in a body weighing sometimes in excess of a thousand pounds. The carcasses are completely drained of every trace of blood, a condition known as exsanguinated, and yet not one drop of that blood is found around the body. Other body fluids are also conspicuously absent. The process of draining such a large body of all blood and fluids requires a lab setting and highly sophisticated equipment, something certainly not commonly found on cattle ranges and in forests. The process of removing all traces of those fluids from the body and the surrounding environment requires a technology not currently found on the planet. The ease of obtaining cattle blood and the obvious disregard for the monetary value of an entire cow leaves out old-fashioned cattle rustling or any criminal intent.
UNORTHODOX ORGAN REMOVAL
Blood and body fluids are not the only things removed from these bodies, which gives this phenomenon its description as an act of mutilation. Certain organs are surgically removed from their bodies. Autopsy reports show that removal of sexual, digestive tract and sensory organs are most often the organs of choice although other organs are also occasionally removed are soft tissue organs such as reproductive organs, tongue, eyes, lips, ears udder and the rectal area. Internal organs not surgically incised are often found lost all consistency and are described as in a mushy state. Again there is an unearthly ring to the methods employed. Organ and tissue removal is done with perfect surgical precision. No ripping or tearing as with predator attacks and even scalpels are often eliminated as a tool. The incisions have been done with such fine precision that only a laser could produce such surgical exactitude. Evidence of cauterization, the act of fusing of blood vessels and tissue using heat or chemical methods, enforces this theory. Bones are also clearly sliced with no bone fragments. Areas of flesh are also severed with high tech precision.
No evidence of blood, tracks, or predators stands alone as an anomaly but are not the only abnormal aspects of the sights where the animal remains are found. High levels of radiation are detected, although no logical explanation for this presence has been found. Plants in the immediate vicinity at times appear to be extraordinarily lush only to wither and die in a short time. This shows a total change in the organisms not explained by orthodox understanding. A fluorescent material of unknown origin has often been observed covering the bodies. Another unusual substance is also found around the carcasses. Minute particles of magnetic iron, in a very pure form are present in high concentrations in the immediate area. Again no explanation for this is to be found. It should be pointed out that such traces of pure iron are also found in crop circle anomalies.
As can easily be seen the questions are abundant and the answers are conspicuously absent. Even the theories advanced are anemic:
Satanic cults performing occult blood rituals were the earliest suspects. This might hold water if you could find a satanic cult with a large membership that consisted of very wealthy and highly skilled surgeons with a lot of free time on their hands. The sheer volume of just the reported acts would mean that thousands of top professionals, in very specialized fields, working in total secrecy would be working around the clock. And considering not one suspect has ever been arrested for such an obvious crime means that an unbelievable amount of luck is also involved. Little wonder that satanic slaughter quickly faded into the background leaving the next most targeted subject for particularly unusual occurrences, the government.
Secret operations are always a favorite target of the conspiracy theorists and the size of this anomaly requires a large, well funded, and high tech group. We all know the government is capable of such an operation but there is a real problem with the concept of government involvement, capitalism. Any politician knows that the last thing you want to do is mess with the agriculture business, especially in the
Mass hysteria has been mentioned as a solution as it has for everything from organized crime to the moon landing debunkers. Hard working ranchers, rural police departments, and serious scientific investigators are not the normal population sector that is easily driven to hysteria when confronted by the unexplained.
Black helicopters come under scrutiny but once again the volume of cases and the remote and precarious terrain of those cases leave some serious doubts. Also the fact that most of the excisions appear to happen at night cast further doubt. A fleet of such a size would take unlimited resources and tax the resources of even a large corporation or organization. And there are the needed surgical teams. The fact that a large number of unmarked helicopters operating in
Environmental testing, biological experiments, cattle virus, and nuclear activities were brought into the fray but with no evidence to back any of these theories they just add to the confusion and conjecture. The only thing proven is that there is no evidence that can prove anything or anyone on this planet is responsible. Even theories about theories came into the picture in the ethereal form of plasma. The very imaginative scenario speculated that an unsuspecting animal wanders into the plasma field and out of nowhere an unknown electrical force electrocutes the animal, dissolves its blood, and then mutilates the carcass. Something akin to a high tech version of "swamp gas." So the only suspect qualified for scrutiny flies into the mutilation arena.
Unidentified flying objects are most often identified as a consistent presence by witnesses. They are also the only suspect that needs no budget, obviously has the technology, can and do evade radar and the military, and are known to lift large objects without leaving detectable traces in the area. They also may be the only suspects with a possible motive for the act. Federal evidence confirms that some animals have been dropped from altitude causing broken bones and depressions in the ground. And the only markings ever found at the sites have been tripod marks.
Cattle associations are the organizations, whose membership are the financial victims, are the closest to the phenomenon. The cost to cattlemen and their insurers is in the multi-million dollar range and they have taken action. Large rewards are offered and top investigators are employed. Even groups of ranchers are employed to patrol known hotspots. The ranchers are well armed and equipped for a search and apprehend role and local law enforcement and government agencies are in total cooperation. In over three decades of serious effort not one perpetrator has been caught, no suspects have been identified, and no relevant evidence has been found. Which is why the ranchers have put pressure on the government to step in.
Official investigations began in earnest in 1975 following a dramatic increase in cattle mutilations in
The National Institute for Discovery Science isn't ready to say yes, but they're not throwing out the possibility, either. The privately funded research organization is conducting a serious study of the connection between cattle mutilations and UFOs.
Mutology has become a positive force by the duck and cover tactics of the official investigations and the mutology network coalesced and began to influence public and official opinion. Linda Howe, a television journalist turned mutilations enthusiast has authored books on the subject and produced a documentary. Howe is a prominent backer of the alien abduction theory, and became a regular on the UFO convention circuit due to her mute theories. Other mutologists are bringing the phenomenon into clearer focus and provide a needed buffer to the official whitewash. As with the UFO phenomenon our government feels that the old "keep them in the dark = keep them calm" attitude is in the best interest of the people. And with good reason, because UFOs may be the only intelligent answer we have.
ARE UFOS THE ANSWER?
Consider the questions:
What organization on Earth has the need to butcher cattle and other large animals, remove organs, blood, and flesh at
great risk, with criminal ramifications, in a clandestine manner?
If such an organization does exist why not obtain the animals legally at an obviously greatly reduced cost and risk?
What group has the advanced technology to perform these operations with world-class precision thousands of times in remote locations with the tons of equipment obviously required?
What are the odds that an Earth-based organization could conduct such a massive and complicated operation from the air without a mishap?
Why would such an obviously well organized and highly skilled group even consider such an aerial project in light of the safety risks and legal ramifications if apprehended violating federal aviation rules?
What organization has the resources to accomplish this feat thousands of times over large areas without detection or apprehension?
Who can leave unidentifiable material as the only evidence at the mutilation site?
Why do the majority of eyewitnesses claim that UFOs are present during the incidents?
Cows are the targets in 95% of the cases. Logic dictates that this could be a deceptive percentage. There is no way to know what the actual numbers are. Put yourself in the place of the cattlemen and what must be taken into consideration before reporting such an incident. If anyone took you seriously, investigators rummaging around your property with endless questions, would quickly swamp you, while your character often is called into question, and of course the unwanted and often negative publicity. How many of these incidents go unreported? What percentage of these mutilations is actually discovered? No figures are available to address these questions but it is possible that only a small percentage of the incidents actually reported. And of course cows have owners and a lot of other large animals don't. How many deer and elk are involved is an unknown factor.
AUTOPSIES OF AUTOPSIES?
Considering that we do know cows are a favorite target, is there a possible reason why they are targeted? The investigators that examine the carcasses are actually post-mortem examinations and their findings show what obviously is evidence that the body has been autopsied. Someone or something is using these animals as an investigative tool. And probably the best possible animal to use for this purpose is a cow. This animal is a four-legged eating machine equipped with four stomachs that provide it with one of the most efficient digestive systems in nature. This means a highly efficient absorption level of all the elements in the animal's immediate environment into the blood, organs, and flesh. A breakdown of those tissues will replicate that environment in detail. In simple terms, if you want to know what elements and what concentrations of those elements are in a given area, put a cow on it, do a thorough autopsy on the cow and you have a readout on the environment.
This is exactly what the evidence proves has been done. The animals are picked up, blood, organs, and flesh is removed, and the animal is unceremoniously dropped back to earth. What other possible use could such a complicated procedure have? And if one were trying to monitor how those elements were affecting humans cows are again well suited to the task. The most detailed map ever produced of cattle genes is now available. A comparison map of cattle and human genomes shows that many genes, and even whole chromosomes, are configured in the same way in the two species. In an emergency, cow's blood can even be used in transfusions into humans, since the hemoglobin is almost identical.
1976 Iran, Tehran: F4 fighter jets of the Iranian Air Force battle UFOs over Tehran, the capital of Iran.
• Argentina, Centeno: Shaped like a giant sombrero, this UFO hovered outside of Centeno for an unknown period of time, and was photographed by an anonymous source. A similar object was witnessed in Ontario, Canada two years earlier.
• Novy Georgy Island. December, not far from the, the crew of the fishing trawler Vasily Kuselev also observed rising vertically from under the water was a doughnut-shaped object. Its diameter was between 300 and 500 meters. It hovered at the altitude of four to five kilometers. The trawler's radar station was immediately rendered inoperative. The object hovered over the area for three hours, and then disappeared instantly.
• Puerto Rico, Quebradillas: A small alien wearing a green uniform and a helmet with blinking red and white lights on it is seen by several people in Quebradillas.
• Uruguay, Floradad: A reporter from one of the larger Uruguayan cities while on assignment, photographed a strange object as it circled numerous times around him.
• Australia: On October 21, civilian pilot Frederick Valentich's single engine Cessna vanished over the Bass Straits between Australia and King Island. His radio conversations with Melbourne at the time indicated that a UFO was following him.
• Australia: Pilot Frederick M. Valentich encounters a UFO while flying across the Bass Strait from Melbourne to Hobart, Tasmania. Valentich describes the UFO in a frantic radio call, which is suddenly cut off. Pilot and plane are still missing.
• Brazil, Rio de Janeiro: At 5:10pm on June 20, Sr. Saul Janusas was able to snap two photographs of a dark metallic looking Saturn-shaped UFO. He could see it clearly in the reddish dusk haze peculiar to the winter sunset.
• Japan, Kagawa, Miki-cho: At 3:00pm on February 4, Hirobumi Matsushita was taking snapshots with a friend when they noticed a shiny golden metallic colored object flying high above them in the clear blue sky. There were no clouds and a slight breeze was blowing, but not enough to raise debris that high in the air. The object seemed to be moving purposefully, obviously under intelligent control. Mr. Matsushita took several pictures of the strange object before it disappeared.
• USA, California, Santa Monica: On January 1, veteran pilot Floyd P. Hallstrom saw a dome-shaped UFO with portholes. Hallstrom had been flying for 37 years, 17½ as a Navy combat air crewman and personal crew chief to admirals, including the Commander-in-Chief of the Atlantic Fleet.
• England, Bentwaters, Rendlesham Forest: Three separate sightings of anomalous lights near a NORAD base in the UK. Official report filed by deputy base commander, who also taped the on-site investigation carried out by Air Police detachment. Occurence produced many witnesses, some of whom swear a craft was sighted. Invest- igation hampered by conflicting testimony, Britain's Secrets Act, grand- standing by one less than credible witness, and possibly the "Control Group" -- A US Senator began looking into the affair, but abruptly halted and would not communicate further with UFO researchers.
• New Zealand, Keikoura: A newsman videotaped luminous UFOs.
• USA, Arizona, Snowflake: Five woodcutters, including Travis Walton, allegedly witness abduction of their comrade aboard UFO. Abductee reappears five days later, fails first lie detector, after which he and four other witnesses pass, one is inconclusive. Controversy surrounds suppression of first lie detector results.
• Finland, Pudasjarvi: Woman motorist abducted from her car and taken aboard a UFO.
• USA, South Carolina, Charleston: At 5:30pm on April 4, William J. Herrmann, a local auto mechanic, saw and photographed a silvery disc-shaped object flying erratic maneuvers near Charleston Air Force Base.
• France, Trans-en-Provence: On January 8, Renato Nicolai, was working on an upper-level terraced portion of his property at about 5:00 p.m. when he heard a whistling sound to the east. Turning, he observed an object resembling "a somewhat bulging disk like two plates glued to each other by the rim, with a central ring 8 inches wide." The disc passed over two trees adjacent to his garden, descended and landed about 50 meters away. After a few seconds on the ground, the object ascended, kicking up some dust, and retraced its incoming flight path, once again emitting a low whistle, and disappeared in the east. As it flew away, Nicolai saw two round protrusions on the underside like landing gear, and two circular areas that looked like "trap doors."
• Peru, Chosica: Peruvian fighter jet gets into a dogfight with a UFO.
1982 Japan: A brilliantly illuminated UFO hovers over Mount Senohara.
1983 USA, New York, Newburgh: Large V-shaped UFOs are reported.
1984 USA, New York, Hudson Valley: Thousands of reports, mostly nocturnal, of large, silent, hovering object with series of rotating lights. Reports came from many highly credible individuals including meteorologists, news reporters, and police chiefs. "Planes in formation" theory still in contention; however, videos taken by area resident of both the object and a formation of planes shows distinct differences. Intermittent sightings to this day.
1986 USA, Alaska: On November 17, over Northeastern Alaska, a Japan Air Lines 747 encountered several UFOs at close range.
1987 China: Reddish-orange UFOs fly over Meishan, Sichuan province.
1988 Australia: A UFO in South Australia chases a family in their car down a highway.
• Belgium: From late 1989 into mid-1990, a spectacular wave of sightings occurred in Belgium. Sightings were reported almost daily from October 1989 through July 1990. Witnesses included police, military and civilian pilots, and air traffic controllers. During part of this period the Belgian Air Force kept interceptors on stand-by status, equipped with infrared video cameras, and the Air Force cooperated with civilian groups in documenting and researching the sightings. In Eupen, Belgium, on November 29, hundreds of witnesses observed unidentifiable triangular craft maneuvering overhead. A brilliant light beam from a dark triangular object hovering at 600 to 900 feet, making a faint humming noise, brightly illuminated two police officers in a patrol car. The object alternately moved and hovered. One officer said the light was so dazzling "that we could read a newspaper under it." The object moved slowly in the direction of nearby La Gileppe Dam where it hovered for 45 minutes. Then it moved southwest about 13 miles and hovered over the city of Spa for 30 minutes before disappearing.
• Russia, Voronezh: A UFO lands at a park in Voronezh and four aliens, 10 feet tall emerge from the craft, causing a panicky crowd of onlookers to flee.
1991 Mexico: In 1991, as thousands of citizens in Mexico stared up into the sky at the eclipse, something unusual was spotted. Countless people claim to have witnessed, for lack of a better term, what can only be described as a UFO. Jaime Maussan was born in Mexico City, and earned a B.A. degree in radio and television from the Miami University in Ohio. He has had a 25-year career in the media and has received several awards. He is now General Director and Anchorman of "60 Minutes" Mexico. After the 1991 Eclipse, he received a videotape of the event that showed a strange, silver disk hovering over the city. Maussan then asked his viewers to share any unusual sightings they might have had during the eclipse. To his and everyone’s amazement, 15 different videotapes, from different locations around the city and from different individuals, were produced. No one was prepared for what may be considered some of the best video evidence collected so far. Since then, Maussan has compiled over 5,000 videos and photos from eyewitnesses. This could be one of the largest collections of UFO videos in the world.
• Ireland, Boyle: A UFO crashes near Boyle and a NATO task force and the Irish police capture a crew of five aliens.
• USA, Texas: On May 25, A cigar-shaped object with a row of brightly flashing lights along its length was observed over the Texas panhandle by the crew of a westward bound America West B-757 airliner. Flight 564 was cruising at 39,000 feet near Bovina, Texas, en route from Tampa, Florida, to Las Vegas, Nevada. First Officer John J. Waller and a flight attendant saw, off to their right and somewhat below their altitude, a row of bright white lights which sequenced on and off from left to right. Waller contacted the Albuquerque FAA Air Route Traffic Control Center while the sighting was in progress and checks were made with military installations in the area, but no explanation could be found. As the airliner proceeded westward, the lights began dropping behind. Then they observed the phenomenon against a background of dark thunderclouds. When the background clouds pulsed with lightning, they could see the silhouette of a dark, wingless, elongated cigar-like object around the strobing lights. Though they did not know the object's exact distance, the pilot and co-pilot estimated its length to be 300-400 feet.
• Brazil. UFO crashes just north of Varginha, Minas Gerais. The Brazilian Army captures the seven surviving aliens.
• England, Hertfordshire: Aer Lingus said it had, "no explanation", for an incident in which one of its passenger jets had a close encounter of an unknown kind over Hertfordshire, England. Pilots reported seeing another aircraft pass close by but extensive inquiries found no trace of another plane being in the area on June 7th.
1997 USA, Arizona: Giant triangular UFO seen over Phoenix and other cities in central Arizona.
1999 New Guinea: East New Britain It was about 200 meters long, 50 metres wide and was lit up like a city in the sky. It moved very slowly across the sky, making a quiet puffing noise. This is the description of what thousands of people on the Gazelle Peninsula of East New Britain saw in the sky over the weekend.
• Argentina, Cofico: Chafredo Dagota observed a circular object that came to the ground briefly. It stood on a sort of pillar and emitted a blinding light. He caught sight of two figures moving near it.
• Argentina, Pajas Blancas: A 42-year-old doctor and his wife were 30 km away from the airport when an intensely bright object appeared on the road ahead. They drove very close to it and saw three men dressed in gray, one of whom told him in Spanish that "they had a mission on Earth. " "A doctor and his wife were driving in the same area where a previous case occurred (April 1957) when the car's engine failed and they were confronted by a huge machine blocking the road. The object's powerful light went out, leaving a violet colored light. After about 20 mins, a figure approached the car and asked what was wrong. When told what had happened, the man suggested that the engine should be tried again. The engine now started and the headlights came on so that the machine ahead could be seen again. The stranger joined two other figures and entered the machine which then rose rapidly and disappeared leaving a violet-colored trail."
• Canada, Saint-Alexis de Montcalm: Mr. Lehel observed a lighted object at hilltop level, about 700 m away. At the site, a wide circle of crushed vegetation was found, three branches were broken, and a pole was calcined.
• Chile, Aria: A miner, R. A. Donoso, observed a strange machine land. From it emerged two fair-skinned men who asked for water in a language which appeared to be a mixture of English and Spanish. Donoso took some water from his car radiator for them and they left. Their craft was about 3 m long and 1 m wide.
• England, Leam Lane : David Wilson, 14, was going to get some straw for his rabbits when he stopped with other children to observe half-a-dozen dwarfs, about 80 cm tall, dressed in bright green, and having hands lighted "like electric bulbs, " who seemed to be searching for something. Another child later reported that she had seen a silvery disk-shaped object, the size of a car, take off from the same location.
• New Zealand, Auckland: Two young girls, R. Bender and J. Quinn, observed an object flying 17 m above the ground. It was shaped like two plates glued together, with two rows of intense lights, and a turret with a green light on top. When an opening became visible, the witnesses thought the thing was about to land, and they fled.
• USA, California, Baker: Gloria Biggs, her husband, and her mother observed a brown, dome-shaped object on a hilltop about 17 km west of Baker on U. S. Highway 91. They lost sight of it a moment, could not see it again, and found only a depression in the ground.
• USA, California, Cisco Grove: A hunter, who had lost his way in the mountains, observed approaching lights that seemed to land. From a vantage point in a tree, he saw a dome-shaped object at ground level, about 500 m away. Several creatures, one of them a robot-like figure with "eyes" about 10 cm in diameter, came near, apparently trying to dislodge the witness from his tree. The creatures appeared to fear the light from flaming objects thrown at them. The witness fell asleep after an exhausting series of attempts to keep the creatures away. At dawn there was nothing to be seen.
• USA, California, Rio Vista: A woman saw two objects, one of which landed in a field. It was round and luminous.
• USA, Georgia, Tallulah Falls: Nine persons from three different houses, including J. Ivester, described an object like "a flying top. " TV interference was associated with the object's presence. It flew silently at tree height and hovered over the vard of Mrs. Russell Mickinan's house. The lower part was bright red, with three lights on the upper part. As it left, a green light illuminated the countryside. A powerful odor similar to "embalming fluid" was noticeable when police arrived. The next day, witnesses felt a burning sensation on their faces and arms.
• USA, Georgia, Tallulah Falls: Miss P. Upton came running home nearly hysterical. While riding bicycles, she and a friend saw a low-flying object that terrified them. A strong unpleasant smell also was reported.
• USA, Indiana, Dale: Charles Englebrecht went outside when his TV set and all house lights suddenly failed and saw a glowing blue-white object, about 30 m in diameter, land about 18 m away in the field. He felt a mild electric shock when he tried to approach it and was unable to move forward.
• USA, Illinois, Lawrenceville: Helen Reed observed a spinning object 5 m above ground, less than 20 m away, coming and going with right-angle turns. It had a dome from which colored light emanated (blue turning to red) and bands of yellow light. The object was lost to sight behind trees in the north.
• USA, Maine, Millinocket: A man driving on Millinocket Lake Road saw a fiery, spherical object to the side. He stopped and left his car with a friend to observe it better. When they became afraid and walked back to the car, the sphere followed them; the engine could not be started as long as the sphere remained within 2 or 3 m of the car. It flew away after five min. It was described as a ball of fire without structure, about 75 cm in diameter.
• USA, Massachusetts, Lynn: Richard Pratt, 17, heard a whistling noise and saw a silvery, oval object surrounded with a soft white glow, supporting a dome, which went down to ground level. A similar object had been observed one hour earlier at Littleton, about 50 km west, by four boys. It was described as silvery gray, with three blinking red lights and a white light.
• USA, Minnesota, Comstock: A farmer, Alfred Ernst, saw an object rise from a field and fly rapidly into the cloud bank. It was described as oval, and it left a depression and imprints in the ground.
• USA, Montana, Brekkens Corner: Witnesses got out of their car to watch an object resembling a "burning haystack, " oval or crescent-shaped, which rose from the ground, crossed the sky, and was lost to sight in the south.
• USA, Montana, Canyon Ferry: Several anonymous adults observed an elongated, glowing object. Two children saw a lighted craft land and take off, leaving four rectangular indentations.
• USA, Louisiana, Core Lane: James Warren was awakened by a noise, and saw an object bearing blinking red and green lights fly over his house at treetop level. He called the police, who also reported seeing the object.
• USA, New Jersey, Flemington: A whitish, elliptical object followed a car, then landed in a field. The driver got out to observe it, but when the object started in his direction he became afraid and drove off.
• USA, New Mexico, Anthony: Numerous witnesses, among them policeman Paul Arteche, saw a reddish, round object hover at low level, then take off very rapidly toward the west.
• USA, New Mexico, Hobbs: A "black object with flames" is blamed for burns suffered by an 8-year-old child, who said he saw the object coming from the sky. His grandmother, Mrs. Frank Smith, who was standing nearby, heard a sound similar to that of a bullet, but saw nothing. The child suffered second-degree burns on his face, and lost part of his hair.
• USA, New Mexico, La Madera: Orlando Gallegos observed a bright, metallic, egg-shaped object about 70 m away, on the ground, north of La Madera. Blue flames appeared to circle the base of the machine, which was silent and about the length of a telephone pole. Scorch marks and four imprints were found, according to Police Capt. Martin Vigil.
• USA, New Mexico, Lordsbury: Marie Morrow and two other persons were driving west, about 20 km east of Lordsbury when the entire area was illuminated by a bluish light "as bright as day, " and a round object flew about 3 m above the car, making a whining sound, then went north.
• USA, New Mexico, Socorro: Policeman Lonnie Zamora observed the landing of a white craft, resting on four legs, in a depression 4 km outside Socorro. Near it were standing two figures, below average height, dressed in white. Within 30 m of the object, he saw a red insignia on its aluminium-like surface. It rose to 4 m with a strong roar, became silent, hovered and flew away. Traces. 640424.htm
• USA, New York, Conklin: Edmund Travis, 9, Randy Travis, 7 Floyd Moore, 10, and two other boys, saw a dwarf dressed in a black suit and a helmet, with a glass section in front of his face, which looked human. He appeared to request some water in a strange tone, which sounded "as if it came from a pipe. " He then walked to a shiny machine partially hidden in the brush, as the boys ran home.
• USA, New York, Homer: Aphsiotherapist and his families observed several large objects that changed shape in mid air.
• USA, NewYork, Sherburne: An engineer stopped his car when he saw an aluminium-looking object, stationary, about 15 m above ground. The edge of the craft seemed fluorescent, and three beams of very bright light were emitted before it flew off at high speed. Total duration: 6 min.
• USA, New York, Tioga City: Dairy farmer Gary T. Wilcox saw a shiny, egg-shaped object, about 8 m long and 6 m wide, in his field. He spoke in English to two dwarfs, 1. 2 m tall, wearing seamless clothing and hoods, and carrying trays.
• USA, Oklahoma, Ulysses: Karen Campbell was scared by an oval, dull copper object that flew low over her car. It measured about 1. 2 m in height, had a dome on top, made a "rushing" noise, and seemed to "float" over the car.
• USA, Ohio, Massillon: A fiery object, maneuvering at low altitude, was seen from Wooster and Smithville at 2110. then from Lawrence and Burbank between 2125 and 2130. It flew erratically with a whirring sound and changes of color, apparently interfering with police radio. It went down toward the northwest, seemingly ready to land. Abnormal radioactivity allegedly was found at the site.
• USA, Ohio, Mogadore: Three children, John Owens, Cheryl Glunt, and Bernie Montello, saw a silvery, dome-shaped object arrive from the south and land in a field 150 m away. Estimated diameter: 3 m.
• USA, Ohio, Penberville: Karen Fahle saw a bright object coming to the ground about 200 m away. While approaching its lights blinked and turned to dark red. Five min later it went away slowly.
• USA, Oregon, Hubbard: A bright, silvery object, 3 m long, 1. 5 m high, with a cone-shaped front part, resting on four legs, was seen in a wheat field by 10-year-old Mike Bizon. It made a beeping noise, rose first to the altitude of the telephone poles, then took off vertically. Wheat was found flattened in all directions.
• USA, Virginia, Harrisonburg: Mr. Burns saw a huge object cross the road, hover at ground level in a field for less than one min, then take off vertically. There were other witnesses in the area. "Car stopped without apparent reason as a beehive shaped object came very close to the ground. Radioactivity was noted after the incident."
• USA, Washington, Lake Chelan: A former Navy pilot and another man, both regarded as trustworthy, were at work in a field when they saw an intense light, cone-shaped, emitted from the ground. A similar light was observed in the sky when the one on ground was turned off, then the reverse took place. A round, aluminium-looking object, about 10 m in diameter, with one red and one white light, then appeared and descended to ground level with a strong whistlings sound similar to a small jet. Piercing and high-pitched voices similar to those of children playing were heard. After 40 min the craft took off. Before it did so, a jet aircraft flying at low altitude circled its position. On Jul. 31 and August 1, the densely wooded area was explored from a helicopter and on foot by Sheriff Nickell and a U. S. Air Force officer, but nothing was found.
• USA, Wisconsin, Monticello: Four people in a car observed a rigid configuration of intense red and white lights, apparently attached to a large object that came to ground level, hovered, and flew off very fast as they were driving about 2 km west of Monticello.
1964 Project Blue Book Unknowns
• Japan Nov. 19, 1964; 1,400 miles east of Tokyo, Japan (34' 55' N., 164* 05' E.). Witnesses: unidentified military persons. One bright white flashing light was travelling from horizon to horizon in 20 seconds.
• Midway Island Dec. 16, 1963; 800 miles north of Midway Island (40* N., 175* 54' W.). 5:05 p.m. Witness: unspecified persons aboard a military aircraft. One white light blinked 2-3 times per second as it moved very fast across the sky for 15 seconds.
• Scotland Oct. 24, 1963; Cupar Fife, Scotland. No time given. Witnesses: A. McLean (12) and G. McLean (8). One light moved for an unspecified length of time. No further details in files. Note: Project Blue Book chief Maj. H. Quintanilla told the youngsters, in a letter, that this was "one of the most complete" of the unexplained cases for the year.
• Wake Island Aug. 10, 1964; Wake Island. 5:16 a.m. Witnesses: aircraft commander Capt. B.C. Jones and navigator lst Lt. H.J. Cavender, in parked USAF C-124 transport plane. One reddish, blinking light approached the runway, stopped and made several reverses during 2 minutes. ]
• USA, California Aug. 15, 1964; Yosemite National Park, California. 8:15 a.m. Witnesses: E.J. Haug, of the San Francisco Orchestra and the San Francisco Conservatory of Music; and C.R. Bubb, a high school mathematics teacher. Three bright silver, round objects, in a stack formation, flew very fast, changing positions within the formation. The sound of rushing air was heard during the 3-4 second sighting.
• USA, Colorado July 27, 1964; Denver, Colorado. 8:20 p.m. Witness: A. Borsa. One white ball of fire, the size of a car, climbed slowly, then speeded up. Sighting lasted 2-3 minutes.
• USA, Delaware Aug. 18, 1964; Atlantic Ocean, 200 miles east of Dover, Delaware. 12:35 a.m. Witnesses: Maj. D.W. Thompson and First Pilot lst Lt. J.F. Jonke, on a USAF C-124 transport plane. One round, blurred, reddish-white object was on a collision course with the C-124 from ahead and below. The airplane evaded the object. Sighting las ted 2 minutes.
• USA, Illinois July 20, 1964; Littleton, Illinois. 4:45 a.m. Witness: J.J. Winkle. One 60' diameter round-topped, flat-bottomed object with a long acetylene-colored flame shooting downward, flew straight and level, made a half loop, then rose up. Sighting lasted l minute.
• USA, Idaho Oct. 23, 1963; Meridian, Idaho. 8:35 p.m. Witnesses: several unnamed students, including Gordon. One object shaped like a circle from below and like a football from the side, hovered low over the observers, making a deep, pulsating, loud, extremely irritating sound, for 6 minutes.
• USA, Illinois May 9, 1964; Chicago, Illinois. 10:20 p.m. Witness: J.R. Betz, U.S. District Court reporter. Three light green crescent-shaped objects, about half the apparent size of the Moon, flew very fast in tight formation from east to west, oscillating in size and color for 3 seconds.
• USA, Massachusetts May 26, 1964; Cambridge, Massachusetts. 7:43 p.m. Witness: P. Wankowicz, RAF pilot and ex-Smithsonian satellite tracker. One thin, white ellipsoid (3.5 times as long as wide) flew straight and level for 3-4 seconds.
• USA, Michigan July 16, 1964; 15 miles south of Houghton Lake, Michigan. 11:15 p.m. Witness: Northern Air Service pilot K. Jannereth. Four white lights in a stepped-up echelon formation, were joined by two more. They closed in on the airplane, then rapidly slowed nd flew along with it for a total of 5 minutes.
• USA, New Jersey Sept. 10, 1964; Cedar Grove, New Jersey. 7:09 p.m. Witness: chemist P.H. DePaolo. Four white lights, 3-4 apart, were seen to the north, going west for 45 seconds.
• USA, New Mexico April 24, 1964; Socorro, New Mexico. 5:45 p.m. Witness: Socorro policeman Lonnie Zamora. Watched object with flame underneath descend toward the desert. Two small humanoids observed near vertical oval on ground. Later watched object take off with a roar, go silent and fly away. Burning and charred brush found at landing sight.
• USA, New York April 11, 1964; Homer, New York. 6:30 p.m. Witnesses: physiotherapist W.B. Ochsner and wife. Two cloud-like objects darkened; one shot away and returned during the 30-45 minute sighting.
• USA, New York Aug. 15, 1964; New York, New York. 1:20 a.m. Witness: S.F. D'Alessandro. One 10'x5' bullet-shaped object with wavy lines on the rounded front part and six pipes along the straight rear portion, made a "whishhh" sound. Witness' dog growled during . sighting.
• USA, New York July 27, 1964; Norwich, New York. 7:30 p.m. Witness: Duabert, engineering supervisor. One aluminum sphere with a luminous ring, remained stationary for 4-5 minutes.
• USA, Ohio June 13, 1964; Toledo, Ohio. 9:15 p.m. Witness: B.L. English, announcer for radio station WTOD. Three glowing white spheres, glowing red on their sides, moved slow, hovered and then moved in circles very fast, all the while making a low, rumbling sound.
• USA, Oregon Dec. 11, 1963; McMinnville, Oregon. 7 a.m. Witness: W.W. Dolan, professor of mathematics and astronomy, and dean of the faculty of Linfield College. One bright, star-like light hovered, slowed, dimmed and flashed in 1 minute.
• USA, Pennsylvania May 26, 1964; Pleasantview, Pennsylvania. 11 p.m. Witness: Rev. H.C. Shaw. One yellow-orange light, shaped like the bottom of a ball, was spotted in a field and chased down the road for 2 miles.
• USA, Virginia May 18, 1964; Mt. Vernon, Virginia. 5:15 p.m. Witness: civil engineer F. Meyers. One small, glowing white oval split twice after moving from the right of the Moon around to the left. Sighting lasted 17 minutes.
• USA, Wisconsin Nov. 14, 1964; Menominee Falls, Wisconsin. 9:40 p.m. Witnesses: Dr. G.R. Wagner, MD; and two girls. Three dim, reddish lights flew through a 160^ arc in 5-6 seconds.
• USA, Wisconsin April 3, 1964; Monticello, Wisconsin. 9 p.m. Witnesses: Mr. and Mrs. R. Wold (he was a graduate student in anthropology). Four huge red lights in a rectangular formation, with a white light above, were near the ground, tilted and flew away after 3-4 minutes.
• Argentina, Aguas Blancas: Three students, Santos Vallejos, Antonia Aparti, and Adela Sanchez, who were walking to General San Martin School, were attacked by small creatures with greenish skin. The children ran away, and arrived at the school in a state of terror.
• Argentina, Apostoles: Casimiro Zuk was riding his bicycle near a railroad crossing when he saw a luminous object above him that circled, then landed near the tracks. It was round, 5 m in diameter, and 2. 5 m high. A door opened, and a man dressed like a pilot emerged, walked around, and reentered the object, which flew off in a spiral.
• Argentina, Chalac: About 50 Toba Indians, including policemen, saw three little men with luminous glows emerge from an object that had made several low passes over the village with other flying craft. A photographer took several pictures and noted that the creatures feared the light from his flash camera. The object increased in luminosity as it took off.
• Argentina, Loretami Valley: Mr. and Mrs. Bosquets and their family observed a luminous object, its color changing from blue to orange, about 12 m in diameter, and showing several portholes. The object left traces on the ground.
• Argentina, Mar del Plata: Mr. and Mrs. Yacobi heard a loud humming sound and saw a glowing, oval, flashing object land 200 m away. Figures moved around it, as if examining the craft, which took off again.
• Argentina, Monte Grande: Felipe Martinez, 37, reported that he was paralyzed during the landing of a silent, large, egg-shaped object, from which emerged a small man, about 1 m tall, wearing a helmet linked to the object by three cables. The being spoke slowly and with difficulty in, Spanish.
• Argentina, Pasode las Carretas: Hunters saw through binoculars an object resembling an upside-down plate, very luminous, with a red light on top, flying in circles and landing on a hilltop. The Lujan police sent a patrol, under Comm. Osvaldo Pagella, which found a large, metallic object resting on the hill, but they could not approach the object before it took off, because of the difficult terrain.
• Argentina, Quilmes: R. Pereyra was driving near Monte de los Curas when he saw a parachute-like object land. Going near, he observed a chromium-looking, egg-shaped craft standing on metal legs, with a transparent upper part. A blond-haired pilot, wearing plastic coveralls and small boots, seemed to study a piece of paper. Inside the craft was another man seated before an instrument panel. Shortly thereafter the object took off.
• Argentina, San Justo: J. Fernandez was awakened by a humming sound and saw a luminous, oval object rising from the roof of his house. Its color varied from white to red, and it left marks on the roof.
• Argentina, Sauce Viejo: A railroad worker, Cesar T. Gallardo, was surprised when his carbide lamp and his radio stopped working. He saw strange lights outside the sleeping coach where he was reading, and a luminous being whose legs were clad in shiny dark cloth came in, tore up his newspaper, poured the contents of an oil can into a small bottle and went away, leaving the witness amazed. Other people saw "a luminous man" walking along the tracks. Police report.
• Argentina, Torrent: Several persons observed five luminous objects in flight. A transparent craft landed, and five creatures, about 2 m high, with one eye on the forehead and flashing helmets, emerged and tried to abduct a villager. Approximate date.
• Argentina, Villas Rosas: Maria Andres, teacher, Mr. Gomez, Mrs. Goicoecha, and others saw a small object leave a larger one, land, and burn a spot on the ground before going back to the main object. It emitted a blinding light.
• Australia, Carnarvon: Approximate date. Dr. Antonin Kukla and Mrs. Audrey Lawrence saw an object dive toward them. They switched off the car headlights and got out of the vehicle to observe the oval object, which hovered at ground level, its color changing from orange to fluorescent green, before it took off at high speed.
• Australia, Eton Range: About 70 km from Mackay, Jim Tilse, Eric Judin, and John Burgess saw a circular object, 10 m in diameter, flying erratically, making a buzzing sound. It had headlights, a tripod landing gear, and supported another disk-shaped device. Police investigation disclosed damaged trees and other landing traces.
• Australia, Geradton: Mr. and Mrs. French observed an object in a field at 4 m altitude. It had blinding white lights, caused radio interference, and made a high-pitched sound.
• Australia, Goonumbla: Two children attracted by the barking of a dog saw a luminous object resting on a tripod landing gear, and observed it for one hour.
• Australia, Kuranda: Mr. D. Armstrong, a former airman, was called outside by his sons and saw a spherical object with flashing lights that appeared to land silently on a hillside situated on Mr. Watson's property.
• Australia, Vancluse: Mr. Crowe was attracted by a strong light on the beach, and walked within 20 m of the craft producing it, which took off with a yellow-orange light. Estimated diameter: 7 m, height, 3 m, with blue-green edges.
• Brazil, Alto Purus: After work, latex collectors saw an object resembling a huge wheel, intensely bright, with two flaming openings in front, about to land near them. They went into hiding, and observed the craft as it flew away.
• Brazil, Bairio Paraiso dos Barbeiros: Student Humberto Aranjo da Silva nearly hit a saucer-shaped craft, 6 m in diameter, with two V-shaped landing pads and a dome, which had landed on the road. It made a whirring noise.
• Brazil, Canhotinho: Approximate date. Jose Camilo Filho saw two creatures near a landed object.
• Brazil, Carazinho: A teenager, Adilon Azevedo, and others who fled, saw two objects at ground level, about 3 m in diameter, 1. 5 m high, with five occupants, wearing luminous helmets, speaking among themselves in unfamiliar language. One of the beings had a bright object in his hand. The witness experienced headaches for five days.
• Brazil, Guarulhos: Antonio Pau Ferro saw two objects land. Two dwarfish beings emerged, 70 cm tall, dressed like humans, with "ugly" skin. They appeared to examine some tomato plants, reentered their craft, 6 m in diameter, and flew off. They spoke in a language which was not understood.
• Brazil, Mogi-Guassu: Dario Filho, his wife, his grandson, and a bank director saw an object land 100 m away, flashing a beam of light toward the sky. Two policemen on the scene also observed the incident. Near the object were two dwarfs. One of them wore coveralls, the other had a gray shirt and brown trousers. By what seemed an optical effect, a third being with a flat, squarish head, wearing something like a surgeon's apron, was also seen near them. The object and the creatures were very bright.
• Brazil, Pinhal: Witnesses in a Volkswagen encountered a strong light on the road. A truck and another Volkswagen arrived and went near the object, which took off suddenly and flew over them. It was also observed by dozens of witnesses at the Pinhal Junction.
• Brazil, Ponte Praia: Thousands of persons saw a circular object that flew over the beach, circling. Later two witnesses saw it land in an isolated spot between Cuaranga and the Santos Air Base.
• Chile, Belluco: A woman in a car saw an object on the road. It took off, then landed again in Belluco where it was seen by several people. The object emitted a bright, purple light and a green beam.
• Chile, Chanaral: Carlos Videla Zamudio saw a "strange machine" land on an isolated beach. It was shaped like a mushroom or a top, was lighted from inside, rested on the ground silently, flew up to 30 m, and disappeared at fantastic speed. This was the third landing on a beach reported in Jul. .
• Chile, Chena: A bright, silvery object landed on a hill for 45 min. There were numerous witnesses, among them military men. Official investigation.
• Chile, Puerto Monte: Hundreds of people in two separate spots observed an object that landed for five min. It emitted a blinding purple light.
• France, Grouzies: Alain Bressol observed a large, disk-shaped object in a field near Monsempron-Libos. It flew at high speed toward the south. Official report.
• France, Moyeuvre: At the Cote-de-Thermont, 30- year-old Mrs. Zielonka saw a metallic object rise at high speed and fly away toward Metz. Estimated diameter: 3 m.
• France, Valensole: Farmer Maurice Masse, 41, heard a strange noise and saw an egg-shaped object30 m away in a lavender field. The craft was set on a central pivot with six legs, was about 5 m long, and had a door showing two seats back to back. Near it were two dwarfs the size of 8-year-old children, with heads, normal human eyes, fine hands with five fingers, and no hair. They seemed surprised when the witness came near, and stopped their examination of a plant to aim a small device at him, causing inhibition of movement. They spoke among themselves in shrill sounds similar to a gargle. The craft took off and "vanished. " Traces.
• Jordan, Nablus: A guard saw a boat like object flying at high speed, with red flames on its sides. It circled and came low over a farm. In fear, the man fired at it with his rifle.
• Mexico, Jalapa: Four persons saw a creature with glowing catlike eyes, dressed in black, walking in a street. The entity was holding a metallic tube, was pursued, and vanished suddenly.
• Mexico, Mexico City: Three women were said to have observed a group of beings, 3 m tall, without noses or mouths with red, bright eyes, wearing gray clothing and boots. No object was described. Approximate date.
• Mexico, Terreon: Zoilo Campos Aguilar observed an object very close to the ground for 38 min. It was semi-oval, with a powerful yellow-orange light and left rapidly toward the south with a double trail. Apparent diameter was that of the full moon. The witness was a night watchman.
• New Zealand, South Brighton: A man saw a light on the beach near Penguin Street and got out of his car to observe it. He then heard a modulated whistling sound and saw an object, 7 m wide, rise from the beach to an altitude of about 20 m. He came back to the site with other persons, and a dog that became restless at a spot where grass was found flattened. Another witness, driving near Humphrey Ave. , saw the object as it rose over South Brighton.
• Nova Scotia, Springhill: Kevin Davis, 12, and Gary Jardine, 10, saw an object with a blinking red dome fly over the Cooper Creek area and come to ground level. They observed portholes and a long bar with fingerlike devices emerging from an opening. Snow was blown away and bushes were flattened.
• Peru, Arequipa: Two men in a car, Julio L. deRomana and Antonio Chavez Bedoya, saw a strange being, 80 cm tall, by the side of the road. The creature had only one eye, and gold and silver stripes over its entire body. Soon afterward a craft flew over their car. Several persons living 20 km away also reported an unidentified object within min of this sighting.
• Peru, Callao: A red object shaped like a plate, emitting fire and smoke through two openings in its lower section, shook a school building as it allegedly landed on the roof. Faculty and students at the Santa Leonor College observed the craft, which had two antennae on top, rise spinning and emitting red light beams. It flew off to the northeast.
• Peru, Chosica Power Plant: Mr. Alva was awakened by a strange sound and saw an object on the ground emitting green light flashes. He woke up other employees, who had time to note that the object was about 3 m in diameter, had small windows in its upper part, and a revolving telescopic appendage. The investigating commission found dark, triangular traces
• Peru, Cuzco: Several tourists, including Alberto Ugarte and Elwin Voter, observed a strange craft landing near the Inca ruins that they were visiting. Two creatures described as luminous dwarfs, who seemed to have "vertical mouths, " were seen briefly.
• Peru, Huanuco: A worker observed the landing of an oval object on an airfield where he had gone "drawn by a strange feeling. " Four other persons also saw the object, from which a dwarfish creature, 85 cm tall, emerged. The entity had a head double the size of a normal human head, and made gestures that were not understood. He reentered the machine, which became illuminated and took off, first vertically, then toward the west.
• Peru, Lima: An object was observed to land on ranch 45 km north of this town by a chemical engineer, his wife, and several farmers. It remained on the ground for 45 min, leaving traces on the ground.
• Peru, Pichaca: A farm woman saw an object land, and six dwarfs, 80 cm tall, emerged from it. They wore very shiny white clothes and "walked like ducks. " She hid during the observation, and noted that they spoke in a language she could not understand. After their departure, a liquid resembling vinegar was found on the ground.
• Peru, Puno: A child reported the observation of a luminous object from which seven creatures, 80 cm tall, with only one eye, emerged. The same day a newsman was said to have seen an object land in the vicinity of Puno, and to have made an unsuccessful attempt at communication.
• Peru, San Joaquin: More than 200 witnesses saw two objects come to ground level, leaving crater-like depressions.
• Peru, Santa Barbara: Governor Sebastian Macha saw two dwarfish creatures, 80 cm tall, on the snow near Ceulacocha. They entered a craft, which left with a thundering noise.
• Portugal, Puerto La Cruz: The commander and crew of the Norwegian tanker "Jawesta" observed a lighted object flying out of the sea. First Officer Toronin Lien first saw a large, blue, intense flame behind the ship at high speed. He called the captain and tracked the object with binoculars as its altitude reached about 300m. Its shape was that of a cigar, with a row of lighted portholes showing a clear yellow glow, and it left a bluish trail.
• Red Sea: The crew of the steamship Raduga observed an unusual phenomenon. At about two miles away, a fiery sphere dashed out from under the water and hovered over the surface of the sea, illuminating it. The sphere was sixty meters in diameter, and it hovered above the sea at an altitude of 150 meters. A gigantic pillar of water rose as the sphere emerged from the sea and collapsed some moments later.
• Scotland, Stranraer: Patrick Nash and his family were awaiting a ferry boat when a brilliant, orange-red object shaped like a large soup plate appeared 50 m away, rose from the ground, flew low over the car, landed 20m away on the other side, vanishing suddenly.
• South Africa, Silverton: Two policemen, John Lockem and Koos de Klerk, were on a patrol of the Pretoria-Bronkhorstspruit Road when their headlights illuminated a disk 10 m in diameter, copper-colored, resting on the road. Ten sec later it took off in a pool of flames, at high speed. The tar on the road kept burning for some time.
• Uruguay, Colonia: A blinding object, smaller than an airplane and having metallic legs, was seen on the bank of the Rio de la Plata River by two workers and four young men. White smoke emerged from the craft, which remained on the sand for two min, leaving X-shaped traces. It flew up to about 10 m altitude, then went away. The craft showed a round central section with two oval ends and looked somewhat similar to an egg.
• Uruguay, Salto: Five persons in a car heard a humming sound, and an object with changing colored lights landed and blocked the road while the car engine stalled. The object was as wide as the road, and 3 m high. Before it took off, three human beings were seen inside. "Five persons travelling in a car saw a blinding light, heard a humming sound and saw an object land on the roadway a few meters in front of them. The car engine stalled. The light from the object changed colors and then dimmed to reveal a leaden colored machine about 3m high, occupying the whole width of the road. Three of the people in the car fainted, while the other two were able to see figures moving about inside the craft. Suddenly, bursts of flame shot from the sides of the machine and it rose about 1m from the ground. The humming sound started again, and the machine then took off straight upwards and vanished."
• USA, California, Rio Vista: Betty Valine and her 12-year- old son Robbie observed a large, plate-shaped machine with a dome on top, inside which three creatures were clearly visible.
• USA, California, Santa Ana, : While racing home to Santa Ana, Mr. Rex Heflin took several photographs of a hat-shaped saucer. Because of the presence of the telephone poles in the background, it has been estimated that this craft is more than 30ft in diameter.
• USA, Connecticut, Southington: An object was said to have landed near Southington. No details. The witnesses did not see the object touch down.
• USA, Florida, Brooksville: John F. Reeves, 65, retired, was walking in the woods when he observed an object 10 m in diameter, 2m thick, saucer-shaped with an outer rim and a stairway. After watching it for 10 min, he saw a robotlike being, about 1. 30m tall, wearing a silver uniform, glass headgear. The being walked to the craft, then returned with a box that emitted a flash when pointed at the witness. The object subsequently took off with a whistling sound.
• USA, Florida, Fort Myers: In the Everglades, 30 km east of Big Cypress, James Flynn, 45, who was hunting, saw a huge, lighted object 1 m above the swamp surface. He watched it for 40 min, observing that it was conical, twice as wide as it was high, and seemed built from metal sections over one square m each. It showed four rows of square windows, 70 cm wide. Estimated diameter: 25 m. A yellow light shone through the windows, and the object made a sound of a transformer and wind. Flynn got within 2 m of it and made a gesture. A beam of light from the underside of the object struck him between the eyes and he lost consciousness for 24 hours. He had lost vision in the right eye, saw poorly with the left, went to a doctor in Fort Myers, and spent five days in the hospital.
• USA, Kansas, Abilene : Truck driver Don Tenopir had reached a point 35 km from Abilene, going toward Lincoln, when his headlights blinked and failed. An object then dived toward the truck and stopped on the road 30 m ahead causing a car coming in the opposite direction to leave the road in order to avoid it. The object was orange, 5 m in diameter, 1. 5 m high, with a dome and a "black spot. " It took off toward the west, then turned south.
• USA, Maryland, Mount Airy: Three persons saw a cigar-shaped object with two fixed red lights, which flew above them, avoided hitting the house at the last moment, and was lost to sight in the northeast.
• USA, Minnesota, Cyrus: T. Untiedt was driving on Highway 28 about 5 km west of Cyprus when he saw a red flourescent, cylindrical object with a cone on top, 4 km long and 2 m in diameter, surrounded with a white glow. The car slowed down as the observer was 400 m away from the object, which took off toward the northeast.
• USA, Minnesota, Herman: Edward Burnd, 15, was driving west in a farm truck when he saw an object 2 m above the road about 30 m away. As the engine died, the object glowed red and the witness lost consciousness. When he awoke, the truck was facing east and rested in a ditch.
• USA, Minnesota, Kindrae: A 60-year-old man saw an object 200 m away, in the northwest at 30 m altitude. It turned east, then left toward the south. First seen as a single, bright light, then two luminous sources were visible through a "door" in the object, which appeared metallic. Radio interference was noted.
• USA, Minnesota, Long Prairie: James Townsend, 19, was driving on Highway 27 when his engine, lights, and radio stopped operating. He then observed an object 10 m tall, about 3 m in diameter, shaped somewhat like a rocket, sitting on fins on the road. Three creatures with "tripod legs and matchstick arms, " brownish-black in color, having no eyes or facial features, stood in a large, lighted circle under it, facing the witness for a few moments before disappearing in the intense light. The object rose straight up for 400 m, with a high-pitched humming sound, stopped and vanished. The car then resumed normal operation by itself.
• USA, Minnesota, New London: Gary X. , 9, saw an object which came down silently and hovered at ground level 60 m away. A sort of periscope emerged from it, and a strange noise (also heard by the boy's father) was noted. After 1-2 min the "periscope" disappeared, the object rose, and then dashed up at unbelievable speed.
• USA, New Hampshire: From Readers Digest Magazine in May of 1966: Several people who witnessed a UFO with a brilliant pulsating set of red lights around the rim.
• USA, New Hampshire, Exeter: A young man and two police officers observed five lights in a rigid configuration moving over a field, sometimes fluttering to low altitude with a falling-leaf motion. The lights illuminated the countryside and flashed in sequence.
• USA, New Mexico, Bernalillo: On Easter Sunday Apolinar Villa was guided telepathically to this spot near where he spotted this craft hovering silently in the air and photographed it.
• USA, New York, Cherry Creek: Several children saw an object shaped like two saucers glued together come to ground level several times on the farm of William Butcher. It was chrome-like, measured about 16 m in diameter, took off with green and yellow flames, and illuminated the clouds when it flew into them. Capt. James Dorsey and four technicians from Niagara Falls AFB investigated the case. They found no trace, concluding, however, that the witnesses were not lying.
• USA, New York, Fredonia: Addie Jones, 61, saw a silvery object, 10 m in diameter, rise from a wooded area and hover silently before leaving toward the west. Under the object was a boxlike device. Distance to witness:400 m. No light.
• USA, New York, New York City: During the great power blackout, actor Stuart Whitman was startled to hear a whistling sound outside his 12th floor window and to observe two hovering objects, one orange and the other blue giving off a luminescent light. He then heard an English message indicating that the blackout was a "demonstration. "
• USA, North Carolina, Mount Airy: Mrs. T. E. Schumaker was awakened by a loud humming sound and found she could not speak or move for a while. When she finally reached her window, she saw a vertical, cigar-shaped, luminous object. It moved right and left, then back, etc. Ultimately it disappeared behind some trees. The next morning a circle of crushed grass, 4 m in diameter, was found in the yard.
• Zambia, Broken Hill: Eric Williams saw a large object, 30 m in diameter, 15 m high, about 75 m away. He reported seeing clearly a row of portholes illuminated with a greenish light.
1965 Project Blue Book Unknowns
• France, Attigneville: Jean Voilquin, 54, saw a strange "wheel" roll 15 m away at a speed of about 30 km/h. It was about 80 cm in diameter, 25 cm thick; it rolled away and vanished.
• France, Bolazec: On the Morlaix-Callac Road, 23- year-old Eugene Coquil was driving his Renault Dauphine when he saw headlights in a field and observed an object come over his car and land on the other side of the road. It was square with four vertical lights resembling lamps. The witness drove away and did not see the object leave.
• France, Le Rouret: A truck driver, Mr. Dugelay, saw a disk-shaped object over Le Rouret. It remained motionless for five min, then disappeared. Its lights were alternately red and bluish-green.
• France, Montsoreau: A photographer, Mr. Lacoste, and his wife, saw a red, lighted object cross the sky and appear to touch the ground. It then rose, hovered, and disappeared. The next day a wheat field was found flattened over an area 3 m in diameter, and covered with an oily substance.
• France, Rebouillon: Rene Pebre and two others were driving back from Draguignan when they saw a gray oval, metallic object, about 5 m long, hovering at low altitude, about 300 m from them. They noticed several window-like openings on the craft, which emitted a light beam. All the dogs in the vicinity were barking.
• Italy, Pontedera: Camillo Faieta, 35, a lineman, was on duty when a light dazzled him, and he observed that it came from an object on a small island on the Emissario Canal. Two little men were seen briefly on the ground before the departure of the object. There are four other witnesses.
• Peru, Chaclacayo: Several persons reported seeing a very small creature leaving a luminous trail, quietly walking along the streets, while children and adults panicked.
• Spain, Aluche: Vicente Ortuno and another man observed a bright orange disk, about 11 m in diameter, with three legs, which came down, landed, and took off again at high speed on the "El Relajal" estate.
• Spain, Cordoba: Manuel Hernandez was coming back from the fields near Cordoba when he saw a disk-shaped object land 100 m away. Small beings resembling "green birds" came out for a few instants, then took off again.
• Spain, Aluche: Vicente Ortuno and another man observed a bright orange disk, about 11 m in diameter, with three legs, which came down, landed, and took off again at high speed on the "El Relajal" estate.
• USA, Alabama, Wilmer: A civilian had to stop his car when an object he first thought was a helicopter landed on the road about 5 km southwest of Georgetown. The craft was about 8 m in diameter, supported a cone with a flashing green light, made a loud whirring sound. It appeared to hover, then left at high speed. The witness could then restart his engine, which had died during the close approach. Sulphur or a "rotten egg" smell was noted.
• USA, California, Heraldsburg: Otto Becker, his son, and daughter-in-law woke up to find the whole house bathed in bright light, and they observed a "six-story" object at treetop level 60 m away. It gave off rainbow colors which appeared to pour off its edges "like water" in a fantastic display. Distinct engine noise was heard before it took off vertically. Domestic animals had been greatly disturbed, and the witness had inflamed eyes for several days.
• USA, California, San Francisco: Two women observed a large object with a pulsating bluish light on top, an orange light below, windows, and antennae, resting in a construction area. Silhouettes could be seen moving inside, one of them gesturing as the craft took off.
• USA, Colorado, Daniels Park: Six teenagers reported strange lights following their car as they left the site of a picnic in a state of extreme fear. An unknown man, 2. 20 m tall, wearing black clothes, had been seen passing in front of the shelter entrance and walking on the roof.
• USA, Connecticut, Norwalk: Mike Dorsey and Gary Hunt, 12 were walking to school when they saw ac circling object making the sound of humming bees. They ran for cover, trying to stop a car. The craft resembled an upside-down plate, very smooth, apparently metallic, with a black spot near the rim, a red light and an antenna-like projection, and red and white lights spinning counterclockwise. Diameter-2. 5 m, height, 1. 5 m. Minimum altitude was 2 m, held for 5 min, with a slight rocking motion. The object then took off at great speed.
• USA, Connecticut, Westport: A civilian who was going fishing saw an object dive toward his car and hover at treetop level, stopped and observed it for two min. It was shaped like two plates glued together, and had a smaller, oval object on top. It took a 45 degree inclination, rose, made a right-angle turn, and changed color (white to yellow to blue to green) as it accelerated.
• USA, Florida, Fort Pierce: Two young men were walking through a wooded area when they saw a bright object that they thought was a balloon covered with fluorescent paint but it became so intensely bright that they could not look directly at it. As they walked closer, it exploded, leaving no trace.
• USA, Florida, Hague: A civilian man, 40, saw an object resting on the ground as he was going to work, less than 2 km southeast of Hague. It was an elongated craft, 2 m long, 70 cm high. When he tried to touch it, the craft left at great speed toward the west. It had six openings, 10 cm in diameter, and made a "turbine" noise so loud that the witness had to put his hands over his ears. After going away for a few meters, it vanished suddenly. Rain was falling throughout the observation, which lasted four min.
• USA, Idaho, Rexburg: Two civilians returning from a sporting event observed what they first thought was the moon. After driving for about 1 km, they saw that it was a flat, well-defined object, which had blocked the road. The object was the size of a truck and cast an intense yellow-orange light on the ground. The witnesses turned around and drove back to Rexburg.
• USA, Illinois, Hanna City: A civilian witness was driving 8 km east of Farmington when a flying oval object, the size of a car, came within 3 m of him, then circled twice and left toward the north. It emitted a bright red glow, supported a sort of dome with a green light on top, produced radio interference, and made a strange "signal-like noise. "
• USA, Illinois, Newton: A adolescent first saw a bright light, then a plate-shaped object hovering near the house. It took off at high speed, causing static on the phone as the boy was calling his mother to describe it. When she came home, she found her son in a state of shock and the dog hiding in a corner.
• USA, Indiana, Lexisburg: A civilian woman and her four children observed an oval object crossing the road as they were driving south about 15 km north of Lexisburg. It came close to the car, and a pulsating sound was heard, increasing in frequency as the object came nearer, but it seemed to come through the car radio rather than directly from the object. The witness drove away in fear, but was followed for 13 km by the object, whose color suddenly changed from reddish-orange to bluish-white before accelerating out of sight.
• USA, Indiana, Rushville: Several young witnesses reported seeing an unidentified object at low altitude.
• USA, Louisiana, Haynesville: A physics professor driving through a wooded area saw a bright, pulsating glow, changing from orange to white, in the woods about 1. 7 km away. Coming back the next day, he located traces of burns, and called the Air Force and the University of Colorado.
• USA, Maine, Bangor: John King, 22, working with the Bangor Police Department, suddenly saw above him a very bright object with a dark underside. He fired at it four times, hearing the bullets hit a metal surface as the object flew off.
• USA, Maine, Brunswick Naval Air Station: A luminous object was said to have landed in the woods. It showed flashing red, blue, and green lights. A second object was later seen to join the first one.
• USA, Maine, Kittery: A landed object was observed through binoculars by four persons. It took off, hovered for a while, and left.
• USA, Maryland, Potomac: A boy saw a disk-shaped object with a transparent dome and a row of lights, at ground level. It rose at high speed, emitting a "heat wave, "and was lost in the clouds.
• USA, Massachusetts, Ashby: Two men saw an object dive within 30 m of their car. It was silent, had a bright blue light on top, suddenly accelerated, and was lost to sight toward Mt. Watatic.
• USA, Massachusetts, Bellingham: Two women saw a cigar-shaped object, with bright, red lights at both ends, flying erratically. It made a whistling sound when moving, was silent when hovering. Minimum distance: 100 m, length, 20 m. The lights began flashing and the object went down behind some trees when five planes and a helicopter came over the area. Two of the aircraft circled the location, then flew on. The whistling sound was again heard, but the object was not seen after the departure of the planes.
• USA, Massachusetts, Beverly: A child saw a blinding, multicolored source of light making a buzzing sound as it flew over the road 15 m away from the house. It seemed to land in a field near the school. Three adults came out to calm the child and also saw the object circling and hovering. They called the police. Two officers arrived and saw the object appearing to "dance" with two other craft. All witnesses then observed the arrival of one helicopter and two aircraft, as the remaining object flew away to the southwest. Police described the object as plate-shaped when stationary above the school building. TV reception was blurred throughout the observation.
• USA, Massachusetts, Cranes Beach: Mr. and Mrs. Ronald MacGilvary saw a golden-white, luminous object resting on the beach, with two bright lights flying in and out of the craft. It went away after one hour.
• USA, Massachusetts, Dorchester: During a power failure many residents, including Robert Moses and Robert McCambly, saw an oval object with a dome on top and lights (red to white to green) around the bottom, which appeared to land on the roof of the Oliver Wendelle Holmes grammar school after a series of maneuvers.
• USA, Massachusetts, Peabody: A man saw what he thought was a crashing plane, then observed it was oval, had white, red, and green lights, flew low over him, circled, came down with pendulum motion, and appeared to land on Route 114. At midnight, two men driving along that route saw a beam sweep the road, stopped, and saw the object in a field. It was a disk with a white, a green, and three red lights. The two reports were independent.
• USA, Michigan, Ann Arbor: College coeds at the dorm in Ann Arbor have repeated sightings of UFOs.
• USA, Minnesota, Bagley: Several people were said to have observed an object fly at low altitude and land outside Bagley. Four dwarfs seemed to make repairs, then the craft flew away.
• USA, Michigan, Battle Creek: An egg-shaped object, 25 m long, 5 m high, gray-colored, was observed from a distance of 25 m by a 42-year-old witness driving a car. The object supported a cockpit with windows and three rows of lights, emitted red flames, and made the same noise as a heavy truck on wet pavement. The object followed the car for some time.
• USA, Massachusetts, Bellingham: Two women saw a cigar-shaped object, with bright, red lights at both ends, flying erratically. It made a whistling sound when moving, was silent when hovering. Minimum distance: 100 m, length, 20 m. The lights began flashing and the object went down behind some trees when five planes and a helicopter came over the area. Two of the aircraft circled the location, then flew on. The whistling sound was again heard, but the object was not seen after the departure of the planes.
• USA, Michigan, Dexter: Frank Mannor and his son, Ronald, saw a luminous object hovering over a swamp. It was described as brown, with a "scaly" surface, cone-shaped, and showing bluish lights that turned red. Then the whole object lighted up with a yellowish glow and flew away at high speed with a whistling sound.
• USA, Michigan, Hillsdale: William Van Horn, Civil Defense Director, and a group of students observed a pattern of lights on the ground. The source of the light appeared to maneuver for about two hours.
• USA, Michigan, Milan: A police officer observed an object in the southwest. He thought it was a plane about to crash, although no sound was audible. He tried to contact the police headquarters, but his radio transmitter did not work properly. The object, which now had colored lights spinning at the periphery, and a diameter of 16 m, came within 25 m of the patrol car, following it for 1 km, then flew off toward the north-west. The witness had been a policeman for 10 years, and had never seen anything like that object.
• USA, Michigan, Milan: The policeman who had observed an object over Milan on Mar. 17 saw an unidentified machine on the ground at a street intersection. He drove toward it with his headlights illuminating the object, which took off like an airplane, flying away to the southeast. Investigation by Selfridge AFB.
• USA, Michigan, Washtenaw County: Between March 14 and 20, Washtenaw County sheriffs and police in neighboring jurisdictions reported disc-shaped objects moving at fantastic speeds and making sharp turns, diving and climbing, and hovering. At one point, four UFOs in straight-line formation were observed. Selfridge AFB confirmed tracking UFOs over Lake Erie.
• USA, Michigan, Vicksburg: A man driving home saw lights on the road and discovered a gray, lens-shaped object hovering at 1 m altitude. It had one intense white light and three colored flashing lights. Driving within 2 m of it, he became afraid and backed up, but the object suddenly flew over and behind him. A noise similar to that of a swarm of bees was audible. It left at high speed toward the east.
• USA, Missouri, Liberty: Darlene Underwood and her mother saw two starlike objects land in a field. One of them rose rapidly when a train came into view. It went behind a hill, while the second one hovered at tree height with its lights off. When the train had passed, both objects landed again and two manlike shadows were seen. Voices shouting in a foreign language and what sounded like a pig being butchered were heard. Light signals.
• USA, New Jersey, Bavonne: Two local businessmen observed a dark, gray, metallic sphere, from the top of which projected a dozen "tentacles" over 2 m long, flying at about 40 m altitude and then coming down behind a house. It was assumed that it plunged into the bay, but a search by patrol boats was unsuccessful.
• USA, NewYork, Durhamville: A woman was awakened by a flash, thought her heater had exploded, but found everything in order. The next day she was told that a pulsating, luminous object had flown at very low altitude over her trailer, circled and left. Three witnesses. Low buzzing sound.
• USA, New York, Franklin Springs: A man saw an object descend from a cloud bank, slow down, and land with a soft whirring sound. It showed three horizontal bands of light-blue, red and green.
• USA, New York, Hamburg: A 61-year-old civilian woman was reading when an intense red light illuminated the ground near her house. She went outside and saw a lighted object 20 m away 1 m in diameter, which backed up and flew away "like a bullet. " Three other persons saw it from the next house.
• USA, New York, Lake Tiorati,: The west side of the Hudson River, three fishermen noticed an unusual circular metallic flying object. One of the men grabbed a box camera and managed to snap four pictures before it flew away over Stockbridge Mountain.
• USA, New York, Lycoming: A civilian woman, 42, went to get a glass of water in her kitchen and saw a spinning object, 3 m in diameter, 6 m above ground near her house. It departed very suddenly, leaving a trail.
• USA, New York, Oswego: Several civilians reported an object that flew slowly toward the south, hovered, came within 15 m of them, and finally flew off toward the southwest.
• USA, North Carolina, Mount Mitchell: Four campers saw an object with three flashing red lights land on the ground 200 m away. It remained there all night, rose at dawn, was then observed through binoculars as a red-colored, bell-shaped craft. Broken trees and other traces were found.
• USA, North Carolina, Vancehars: A man driving between Greenville and Vancehars saw a glow in the woods and was followed by the light even at speeds of 170km/hr. He finally stopped to observe it, but became afraid when he saw that it came from a pulsating object that flew within 100 m of the car, 15 m above ground. The color changed in sequence, orange to red to blue to green, and the object wobbled on its axis. It came within 30 m, then suddenly left straight up.
• USA, North Dakota, Donnybrook: A border patrolman saw a bright, shiny disk on its edge, 10 m in diameter, 5 m high, floating down the side of a hill, wobbling from side to side 3 m above ground. It reached the valley floor, climbed to about 30 m, and moved across to a small reservoir where it assumed a horizontal position. A dome then became visible on top of the disk. It hovered for one min and seemed about to land less than 80 m away, but tilted back on edge and flew into the clouds at high speed.
• USA, North Dakota, Minot Air Force Base: An airman observed and reported by radio a multi-colored light high in the sky. A strike team was sent to his location and confirmed the unknown. A second object, white, was seen to pass in front of clouds. At the radar base, an object was detected and tracked. The observations lasted nearly 4 hours and were confirmed by three different missile sites. Radio interference was noted by teams sent to locations where the object was sometimes described as hovering at ground level.
• USA, North Dakota, Stirum: A child of 11 years saw a disk-shaped object land near a farm. It had a tripod landing gear, two red lights, two white and one green light, and a transparent dome. A businessman from Gwinner and an Air Force Lt. Col. went to the site and discovered three traces, apparently left by spherical objects, 18 cm deep, very compact. Radiation measured at 0. 1 milliroentgen (normal). The child reported that the object "went away so fast that it vanished. "
• USA, Ohio, Mansfield: An anonymous witness saw a round object with two lights land near the Ohio State University campus. A door opened and a very thin, child-sized figure was seen. The object then began to move toward the witness's car and rose rapidly.
• USA, Ohio, Toledo: A civilian man, 43, driving west between Kansas and Toledo, saw an object appear out of nowhere. It was cigar-shaped, bright metallic, and flew low to the northeast. Minimum distance: 30 m. The object was completely silent, and the size of an airliner.
• USA, Oklahoma, Tangier: A civilian man, 34, was driving about 10 km south of Tangier when he reached a hilltop and saw a green object flying north at very high speed, emitting a shrieking noise and a "heat wave. " The car engine died. The witness noted that the object was wider than the road.
• USA, Oklahoma, Temple: An electronics instructor, who was driving to work at a local Air Force Base, observed an object blocking the road. It was shaped like an airplane fuselage, 25 m long, with a "bubble" on top resembling the canopy on a B-26, rested on legs, and had very bright aft and forward lights. There was a door and a short stairway to the side of the object, and a man in coveralls appeared to be examining the craft which bore the identification "TL 4768" (see case 417). When the witness approached, the "pilot "went back inside, a sound resembling that of a high-speed drill was heard, and the object rose. No engine was observed. The witness was familiar with all conventional military aircraft.
• USA, Oklahoma, Texahoma: Two civilian women were driving back from Amarillo when they saw an object approaching from the north. The engine died and the headlights failed. The object flew over the car and hovered 400 m away. After 10 min, the witnesses were able to start their car and leave. They reported the object had a waffle-like surface and glowed with an intense red light.
• USA, Pennsylvania, Erie, Preque-Ile Park: Young witnesses reported an object flying erratically and landing 300 m away. It had the shape of a mushroom and swept the area with a light beam. A strange being, 1. 80 m tall, was seen. Police report.
• USA, Pennsylvania, Greensburg: A civilian man, 43, saw a well-defined object 5 m above ground, 100 m away. It showed a flashing red light, rose, was lost in the fog, then came back at treetop level with a strong whistling sound. Its shape was that of a cigar, 15 m long. It had no wings, tail assembly, or wheels.
• USA, Pennsylvania, Union-Kirkwood: Two civilian women saw a red, luminous object 30 m away in a field. It had small openings and made a whirring sound. Length, 30 m; height, 6 m; duration, 90 min.
• USA, Pennsylvania, West Point City: Two witnesses observed a stationary object 3 m above ground. It had a diameter of 7 m, lights on top and bottom and smaller lights at the rim. It flew away very fast to the east.
• USA, South Carolina, Gaffney: Patrolmen A. G. Huskey and C. Hutchins saw a dark, spherical machine with a flat rim land near them. Estimated diameter: 7 m. An opening and a short ladder became visible, and a small man, dressed in a shiny gold suit, emerged, came within 6 m of them, and spoke in perfect English before taking off.
• USA, Tennessee, Alto: Two civilian men stopped to watch an object hovering above a swamp, tried to follow it, but it flew away. They observed that animals (cows, dogs, horses) were restless in all the areas that the object crossed. A photographic reconstitution by the U. S. Air Force showed an oval object, 30 m long, flying at 5 m altitude, between a high-tension line and a row of trees.
• USA, Tennessee, Fayetteville: A man driving at a speed of about 100 km/h suddenly encountered a large lighted object 1 m above the road on a hilltop. It flew off, as the car engine and headlights died. The light bulbs had to be replaced. The object was oval, 7 m long, dark gray, and showed about 30 lights along its periphery.
• USA, Texas, El Campo: A police officer was driving at nearly 200 km/h toward the north on Route 71 when he suddenly saw an object on the road ahead and another one following his car. The first one looked like a flaming car and was the size of a 3-story house. It flew
• USA, Texas, El Campo: Mrs. Mark deFriend, 32, saw an object at ground level in front of her car on a rainy night. It would leave the road and fly over the fields from time to time. The greenish-blue object flew back in front of the car, then was lost to sight behind some trees.
• USA, Texas, El Campo: Two witnesses observed a dark, red object land by the side of the road, later following their car.
• USA, Texas, Millersville: A person in a car saw an oval object the size of a car follow his vehicle, then cross the road behind it at 5 m altitude. The object reflected sunlight.
• USA, Texas, Pecos: An elongated object about 30 m long and 9 m high was reported to have landed near a highway for 5 min.
• USA, Texas, Pedernales River: Tom M. Lasseter, architect, was camping near the river when he was awakened by a fluttering sound and observed a glowing white disk, 7 m in diameter, at treetop level 60 m away. It had a row of lights.
• USA, West Virginia, Follansbee: A young man saw a silent object shaped like two bowls glued together, 30 m altitude, ahead of his car. Estimated diameter:10 m. He drove away without looking behind.
• USA, West Virginia, Fork: James Roberts saw two round pinkish-red objects on a hillside near his home. He fled when they took off with a hissing sound emitting streams of fire.
• USA, West Virginia, Parkersburg: W. Derenberger, sales- man, saw a dark object ahead of him on the road. It was flat on the bottom and rounded on top. As he stopped, the object came within 20 cm of the road surface, and a man of dark complexion, dressed with a shirt and ordinary trousers, both a shiny blue color, came out, smiled at the witness who then thought that he received a message, although no word was spoken. The message described a hypothetical "other world" and suggested that the observation be reported to authorities. The man also promised to return. Several people who drove by the witness did report seeing a man speaking to him, as well as a strange vehicle nearby.
• USA, Wisconsin, Durand: About 15 km east of Durand, Mrs. E. Bruns and her two children observed an elongated object, about 10 m long, with revolving lights, hovering 1 m above ground and making a deafening noise. After 30 sec, it tilted and took off.
• USA, Wisconsin, Sheboygan: Two women saw a glowing object on the road. As they came near it, they found that it hovered and showed two intense white lights, as well as a green and red light. The object was bowl-shaped, and they lost sight of it when they drove away. They saw it again later, flying low on a south-north trajectory.
• Venezuela, Barinas: Three hunters, E. Beucomo, J. Zapata and J. Ramos, observed a strange glow in the forest and discovered a very large, egg-shaped object, stationary 2 m above ground. It had large, circular openings emitting a multicolored light, and it made a whistling sound. The hunters ran away.
• Venezuela, Marisela Caracas: A man observed the landing of an oval object and two beings, who came out of the object through a system of light beams. They used strange instruments to examine a number of objects, especially plants. They were 2 m tall, had oversized heads, appeared bright and "transparent. " Their eyes were slanted, their shoulders very broad. They wore no apparent weapon, but their belts were very wide and emitted light rays. They did not touch anything without first illuminating it with these beams. They went back aboard their craft "as if carried by the light. "
• Major Hector Quintanella, director of USAF's Project Blue Book, says a total of 1,060 reports of unidentified flying objects were submitted to USAF during 1966, the second highest year's total since Blue Book began keeping records 20 years ago. The record high of 1,501 was in 1952; the annual average is 555. Of the 11,107 reports since 1947, 676 remain unidentified, 30 of them from 1966.
1966 Project Blue Book Unknowns
• USA, Alaska Oct. 26, 1966; Cold Bay Air Force Station, Alaska. No time given. Witness: civilian control tower operator Ralston. One white object approached runway at 50' altitude. Runway lights were then turned on, and object accelerated and climbed away so fast that witness was unable to use binoculars. Sighting lasted 3 seconds.
• USA, Alabama Aug. 26, 1966; Gaylesville, Alabama. 8:50 p.m. Witnesses: Mr. and Mrs. Funk and their three children. A cluster of four small, glowing, orange-yellow lights in a triangular formation, moved from east to west for 4.5 minutes.
• USA, California April 30, 1966; Sacramento, California. 3:15 a.m. Witness: Anita Miller. One light moved around the sky for 2.5 hours. No further detail in files.
• USA, Florida March 20, 1966; Miami, Florida.. 12:15 a.m. Witness: USAF Res. Maj. K.C. Smith, employee of NASA at Cape Kennedy. One pulsating light which varied from white to intense blue made a jerky ascent and then rapidly accelerated away to the north after 5 minutes.
• USA, Michigan Feb. 12, 1967; Grand Rapids, Michigan. 3:40 a.m. Witness: Mr. Lou Atkinson. Four fluorescent, football-shaped objects, a dull, almost grey luminous color; flew northeast in a very rigid formation for 4-10 seconds. Made a chirping noise.
• USA, Michigan Nov. 8, 1966; Saginaw, Michigan. At night. Witness: college graduate Annis. A group of lights that flashed and changed color hung stationary, almost touching the road, and would abruptly vanish during the 5 minute sighting.
• USA, New York April 5, 1966; Lycoming, New York. 3 a.m. Witness: Lillian Louis. One vapor-like sphere hovered and spun at low altitude, shooting its exhaust onto the ground below. Sighting of 1 minute.
• USA, New York Oct. 23, 1966; Southhampton, Long Island, New York. 6 p.m. Witness: Mr Acquino. One object with arms in front of it which sparkled like an arc-light. Traveled south along some power lines, then turned southwest. Made a slight humming sound during the 4 minute sighting.
• USA, New York Sept. 6, 1966; Suffolk County AFB, New York. 6:50 p.m. Witnesses: Stahl and Ladesic. One white cylinder of light came from the east at high speed, stopped and hovered for 3 minutes, and then turned and slowly disappeared. Sighting lasted 8 minutes.
• USA, New York Sept. 1, 1966; Willsboro, New York. 2:45 p.m. Witness: T.H. Ridman. One oval object with lights that flashed red and white and occasionally blue, travelled west, then disappeared downward. It returned, several minutes later, at which time a loud noise was heard. The entire sighting lasted 30 minutes.
• USA, North Carolina June 18, 1966; Burnsville, North Carolina. 12:30 a.m. Witnesses: members of a Boy Scout group, including Sterrett. One bell-shaped object with three flashing red lights hovered for 5 hours and was then joined by six others.
• USA, North Carolina Feb. 2, 1966; Salisbury, North Carolina. 11:15 p.m. Witnesses: Mr. and Mrs. L.J. Wise. One silver, diamond-shaped object with several balls constantly in very fast motion around it, and much light. Object hovered over the trees for 3-4 minutes, while a dog barked, and then zipped out of sight. Sighting lasted 1 hour.
• USA, North Carolina July 25, 1966; Vanceboro, North Carolina. 1 a.m. Witness: college student James Clark. One object which changed color from orange to red to blue to green and back to orange. Followed witness' car at high speed, then stopped and hovered over the car. Rose and flew up and out of sight in less than 5 seconds. Entire sighting involved about 1 hour.
• USA, North Dakota Aug. 19, 1966; Donnybrook, North Dakota. 4:50 p.m. Witness: U.S. Border Patrolman Don Flickenger. Round disc with domed top, 30' in diameter and 15' high, colored white, silvery or aluminum. Moved across a valley from the southeast, hovered over a reservoir, appeared to land in a small field, then rose up into clouds very rapidly. Sighting lasted 5 minutes.
• USA, North Dakota Sept. 13, 1966; Gwinner, North Dakota. 7:30 a.m. Witness: Rotenberger. One silvery-grey ellipse with a clear bubble protruding from its top, hovered about a mile away, then landed within 300 yards and took off very fast. It made a low-pitched whine during the 5 minute sighting.
• USA, Oklahoma March 23, 1966; Temple, Oklahoma. 5:05 a.m. Witness: W.E. Laxson. One large object, like a wingless C-124 transport plane; 75' long, 8' high and 12' wide; with a bubble canopy on top. Sat on highway, a man dressed in military work clothes entered, and it rose after about 40 seconds.
• USA, Oklahoma March 26, 1966; Texhoma, Oklahoma. Midnight. Witnesses: Mrs. P.N. Beer and Mrs. E. Smith. One flashing light buzzed their car from the front then hovered. Sighting lasted l0 minutes.
• USA, Ohio Aug. 23, 1966; Columbus, Ohio. 77 p.m. Witnesses: Broomall and Gilpin. One circular, luminous white object split into five objects and all streaked away toward the west. Sighting lasted 15 minutes.
• USA, Ohio June 8, 1966; Kansas, Ohio. 6:45 a.m. Witness: Max Baker. One bright silver, cigar-shaped object, as long as an airliner, buzzed the witness' car. Sighting lasted 1 minute.
• USA, Ohio Sept. 28, 1966; Wilmington, Ohio. 3:38 p.m. Witness: Clarke. Three round, oval-shaped, aluminum-colored objects with rotating rings around them. Two remained stationary, while the third varied its altitude during the 90 second sighting.
• USA, Oregon Dec. 25, 1966; Monroe, Oregon. 33 a.m. Witnesses: civilians and military persons. Three round objects, as large as cars, gave off vapor, then became three bright reddish-orange lights. Blast at beginning of 90 minute sighting pushed one witness against a car.
• USA, Pennsylvania July 31, 1966; Presque Isle State Park, Pennsylvania. 7:25 p.m. Witnesses: Douglas Tibbetts, 16; Betty Klem, 16; Anita Haifley, 22; and Gerald Labelle, 29. Square or hexagonal object with edges lit or reflecting light, came tumbling down from right to left. Stopped 5-10' above the beach and settled heavily down; circle of spotlights at top were visible when it was on the ground. Sighting lasted 5 minutes. .
• USA, Pennsylvania July l1, 1966; Union, Pennsylvania. 7:45 p.m. Witnesses: Carl Wood and Charles Hawthorne. One large (100' wide, 20' high) bright red object with small windows and yellow lights. The object emitted a humming noise, seemingly from the outside, and a qrinding noise which seemed to come from inside. Observed for 1 hour.
• USA, Tennessee April 5, 1966; Alto, Tennessee. 11:55 p.m. Witness: W. Smith. One oval object with a dark top, appeared cone-shaped when moving. It made a high-frequency noise during the 2.5 hour sighting.
• USA, Texas May 7, 1966; Goodfellow AFB, Texas. 9:55 p.m. Witness: A/3c W.L. Whitehead. One short, cylindrical object with pointed ends and a yellow light at one end and blue light at the other, flew straight and level for 35 seconds.
• USA, Texas March 22, 1966; Houston, Texas. 1:30 a.m. Witness: S.J. Musachia. White flashing lights, and the air full of smoke. Lit up witness' apartment. Sound of "yen " heard up close during 4 minute sighting.
• USA, Texas Feb. 6, 1966; Nederland, Texas. 5:45 a.m. Witnesses: Mr. and Mrs. K.R. Gulley. One yellow, lighted object at 500; altitude and a pulsating red glow on the lawn. The house lights went out, and high frequency bothered the witnesses' ears. Sighting lasted 5-10 minutes.
• USA, Wisconsin Oct. 5, 1966; Osceola, Wisconsin. Witnesses: several members of one family. One small, bright orange, moon-shaped object remained stationary in the northeast for about 20 minutes, then suddenly took off very fast to the WNW.
• USA, Wisconsin June 6, 1966; Spooner, Wisconsin. 9:30 p.m. Witness: Dorothy Gray. Two domed discs with sparkling upper surfaces and square windows in their tops, revolved above a lake, apparently causing strange behavior of the lake water during the 25 second sighting.
• Wake Island June 27, 1966; 400 miles east of Wake Island (19* N., 172* E.). 4 a.m. Witness: Radio Officer Steffen Soresen, of the S/ Mt. Vernon Victory. One "cloud" expanded with a light inside, and then accelerated away after several minutes.
New York Sept. 9, 1966; Franklin Springs, New York. 9 p.m. Witness: Jacobson. One solid object, larger than an army tank, with lights all around it, made a low humming sound and disappeared into woods at the end of the 30 minute sighting.
• Argentina, Santa Clara del Mar: Two persons saw a cigar-shaped object on the ground, 400 m away from the road, which took off, rising rapidly. It had window-like openings emitting a bright light.
• Argentina, San Jeronimo: Carlos Spini and another man saw a luminous, blue, circular object land nearby, as they were examining some cows. It took off when they came near.
• Argentina, Villa Constitucion: During a raging storm, an entire family watched a large, glowing object in a field 300 m away, giving off brilliant beams of light for 4 hours, after which it took off in seconds. Soot-like material with an unpleasant smell and tracks on flattened grass were noted.
• Australia, Boyup Brook: A businessman was driving toward Boyup Brook when his car failed completely and stopped, although he did not recall feeling deceleration. He found a strong light beam aimed at him from a mushroom-shaped craft, 10 m in diameter. He had no recollection of starting the car again after the departure of the object.
• Australia, Sydney-Melbourne Road: A motorcyclist was suddenly engulfed in a bluish-white light so dazzling that he had to stop. He then saw a metallic object, 30 m away, its shape that of two saucers one on top of the other, with a dome on top, silvery, the lower half dark gray, about 10 m in diameter, and bearing a black mark or insignia. Near it appeared two figures about 1. 5 m tall, wearing silvery coveralls and opaque helmets. A gesture from them scared the witness, who drove away but was followed by the object.
• Australia, Yerecoin: Farm manager Alan Pool, 43, saw an object, 6 m in diameter and 1. 5 m high, with round and square windows, land in a field with a whining noise. It took off and vanished, leaving no trace.
• Brazil, Conrado: J. Vieira, a lawyer, and his driver, Amauri, at km 15 on the Miguel Peraira Highway saw two yellowish lights, then many others, about 500 m away to the left. They blinked and faded. Similar lights were seen again at Conrado. When the driver blinked the car's headlights, the objects seemed to respond. An object which illuminated the whole area was seen resting in a woods.
• Brazil, Itajuba: A vehicle stalled in the vicinity of a brilliant, transparent, mushroom-shaped object, aboard which occupants with catlike faces were seen. Under the object was a quadrangular protuberance.
• Brazil, La Baleia: Fabio J. Diniz, 16, was walking near a hospital when he saw a mushroom-shaped craft on a playing field. It had a cupola on top, and a guillotine like door that slid up. The boy fled, but a voice told him in Portuguese: "Don't run away. " He saw two men, 2 m tall, dressed in green tight-fitting clothes. They told him not to be afraid and to return the next day, "otherwise we will take your family. " They had greenish skin, and round eyes set wide apart.
• Brazil, Rio de Janeiro: Technician Ugo Battaglia, 39, and a boy, heard a high-pitched sound and saw a bright, metallic, disk-shaped object come down, hit a tree and hover, while three tall men in white coveralls walked around. The boy later suffered severe headaches. Traces.
• Canada, Altona: Mr. and Mrs. John Dick and Mrs. W. Buhr were driving toward Gretna. Near three radio towers situated 3. 5 km south of Altona, they saw a very bright object at ground level, illuminating the countryside with a pink glow. The object itself was dark, with a luminous band around it, was motionless and pulsated, then suddenly disappeared.
• Canada, Caledonia: An object hovering 4 m above ground, and three dwarfs, were observed. Traces and an oily substance were found at the site.
• Canada, Edmonton: Ricky Banyard, 14, saw a strange object in the sky and followed it with a friend, Glenn Coates, through binoculars. It hovered near a cemetery, making a hushed whistling sound and illuminating the ground with a vertical beam of light. The object left suddenly with a roar similar to that of a jet, and a series of "bangs. " Stones were found calcined at the site.
• Canada, Falcon Lake: Polish-born Steve Michalac, 52, industrial mechanic and prospector, saw two red-glowing objects flying at high speed. One of them blew vegetation as it landed, surrounded by a glow, and it was observed for 30 min before a door opened, showing a purple light. A high-pitched sound and an odor resembling a burning electrical circuit were noted. Approaching, the witness heard voices, and upon touching the craft, he burned his rubber-coated glove, and was "blown out" by hot air when the object started spinning. The witness felt dizzy, suffered minor face burns, second and third degree burns on his chest, vomited frequently for 4 days, and lost over 10 kg. Diameter of craft, 11 m; height, 3 m, with a 1 m high superstructure.
• Canada, Joycevi]le: Stanley Moxon, of Toronto, driving to Montreal, was between Joyceville and the Glen Grove Rd. when he encountered a large, disk-shaped craft and two creatures, 1. 20 m tall, dressed in white suits and helmets. They "flew back" into the object at once and it left silently at high speed.
• Canada, Kitchener : Brian Dorscht saw a dark object, measuring 1 m in diameter and 1. 5 m in height, with flashing green and white lights. When 1 m above ground, six legs came out, and it landed on a lawn near the National Grocers Company. The whirring sound the object was making stopped, and the witness became afraid and ran away. Police found six prints at the site.
• Canada, Nanton: Forestry employee Russell Hill heard a strange pulsating sound and saw an object giving off a green glow hover near his cabin. Radio interference.
• Canada, New Westminster: Two boys saw an orange disk, less than 1 m in diameter, flying at high speed, stop and hover for three min, 20 m above ground. Chief of Police Peter Mehan confirmed that the sighting was under investigation.
• Canada, Yarmouth: Percy McBride saw a flashing object, the size of a station wagon, with two aerials, arrive from the east and land in a woods for 15 min. It made a clicking sound and a noise similar to six radio receivers tuned on different stations. It had a square, boxlike protuberance supported by a pole underneath.
• Chile, Riachuelo: Approximate date. An engineer from Osorno, well-known locally, saw an object touch down and a strange being, 1. 50 m tall, emerge, wearing a transparent suit. He had a very white face and white hands, a pronounced jawbone, and no apparent nose. Seeing the witness, he got back inside the machine, which took off at great speed.
• England, Chippenham: G. Grammond saw an object with flashing red and green lights glide, circle, and land in a field. He saw it again spinning in the northeast when he came out with two other witnesses 5 min later.
• England, Clifton: One hundred persons claimed to have seen a silvery disk-shaped object, about 10 m long, land in the area.
• England, Fordingbridge: Lorry driver Karl Farlow told police that as his lights and radio blacked out, although his diesel engine continued to work, he saw an egg-shaped object, 3 m long, 15 m away. Moments later, a white Jaguar coming in the opposite direction also stopped. The object, emitting a green light and showing a whitish dome under its lower surface, hovered between the two vehicles for 2 min and left at high speed.
• England, Hanley: Three strange objects, a bright, orange light emitting a shower of green sparks, and two smaller sources, were seen in a field. No details.
• Finland, Suomussalmi: Farmer Arvi Juntunen heard a loud humming sound and saw a round, shiny gray object 50 cm above ground, 6 m away. It had a domed top with a fin and measured 75 cm in diameter. As he was about to seize it, the object rose with a blast, circled and flew away.
• France, Arbonne: Remy Deneuville and his family saw a white light to the side of the road, but it was turned off when they drove within 150 m of its location. Minutes later, they saw a luminous spherical object fly away for several minutes.
• France, Arc-sous-Cicon: Children were terrified by four dwarfish creatures dressed in black clothing, about 1 m tall, who moved very rapidly among the bushes. They were dark-skinned, had bulging eyes, and spoke among themselves in a strange, musical dialect.
• France, Cussac: Two children saw a sphere, 2 m in diameter, and "four little devils. " One of them was bending over, apparently busy with something on the ground, and another held a mirror-like object. They hovered and flew around the sphere, then dived into it as it rose with a soft whistling sound. A smell of sulphur began to spread, and the object flew away.
• France, Evillers: A teacher, 45-year-old Mr. Tyrode, saw a glow, then an object shaped like an inverted plate emitting a greenish-blue light. It flew less than 20 m above his car, at 40 km/h.
• France, Mareuil: Between Mareuil and Ste-Hermine, Daniel Bonifait and his family saw a red disk, the size of a building, fall 300 m away behind a hill. Dark forms were observed on the disk's surface, and the forest seemed to be ablaze as the witnesses drove away in fear.
• France, Marliens: In a field which belonged to the Mayor, Mr. Maillotte, a depression was discovered, and blue powder was found in small trenches radiating from that area. A formidable weight seemed to have rested at the spot. No radioactivity.
• France, Romieres: A woman walking home saw a beam of light about 1 m in section sweep the ground in her direction. It came from a circular, white object that turned off its main light. She then saw reddish spots before it vanished entirely. Another witness saw the phenomenon from a separate location, 2 km away
• England, Malvern: Clive Robinson and Richard Corben, 14, and a third boy, reported the landing of a dome-shaped object with a smaller hump on top, 200 m away. It took off diagonally, leaving some traces.
• England, Reading: A businessman driving north between Hook and Reading was puzzled when the electrical system of his car broke down. He then observed a dull object, 20 m in diameter, 100 m away, at about 15 m altitude. He made the rest of his journey in a trancelike state.
• England, Storrington: Mrs. Quick and another woman saw a flickering light and a deep-red, glowing object at ground level, with a dark figure, slightly larger than a normal human, approaching it. The object disappeared suddenly.
• England, Studham: Children observed "a little blue man with a tall hat and a beard" that disappeared in a puff of smoke; they later saw him again, and heard "foreign-sounding" voices.
• India, Dympep: A spinning object, 7. 5 m in diameter, emitting red and green lights, came down to a river, causing thunderous agitation of the water, and took off over a forest, with a heat wave.
• Italy, Milan: Antonio Brambila and another man saw a glow coming from a disk, 6. 5 m in diameter and 2. 5 m high, with a dome on top and four telescopic legs, which emitted a strange vibration.
• Mexico, Hidalgo: Antonio Neri Perez and several other people saw three glowing, red disks take off from a field near the house.
• Mexico, Iguala: An intensely luminous object woke up several residents. People in trains going toward Acapulco and people travelling by car saw the same phenomenon. It came to ground level with a blinding light, then took off.
• Northern Ireland, Belfast: E. Browne, walking in a wood, saw a disklike, dull, blue-gray object with a rough surface, hovering about 2 m above ground. An opening became visible in the middle section and two men dressed in silvery clothes emerged, walked in the woods, then reentered the craft, which rose and vanished from sight.
• Spain, Boadilladel Monte: Three witnesses independently saw a craft emitting light signals land a few meters away.
• Spain, Nieva-Segovia: Roman and Jose Arribas observed an object land in a pine forest north of Nieva-Segovia. They saw "people" enter the ash-colored craft, which took off straight up, at high speed.
• Sweden, Kolmarden: A boy and a girl, both 15, noticed a red glow coming down in the woods. Later they saw a large source of light in mid-air and heard piercing whistling sounds, then footsteps, and saw a jumping creature, 10 m away. It was about 1. 30 m tall, had an oversized head, made jerky motions, raised a tube in its arms, and had a "shimmering" appearance.
• Swedish Laponia, Vilhelmina: The Sodestrom family observed two plate-shaped objects, one 30 m in diameter, the other smaller and gray in color. They hovered at 20 111 altitude for 15 min. The object left with a hushed whistling sound, illuminating the forest with intense light.
• Switzerland, Oberhrendingen: Othmar Willi, 37, observed three cylinders, 10 m high, 5 m in diameter, with two rows of square windows and a small cone on top, hovering 50 m away and 5 m above a maize field, making a noise resembling a swarm of bees. A small object was dropped briefly.
• USA, Arizona, East Tucson: A boy riding his bicycle saw an aluminium cylinder standing on end, 3 m high, 80 cm wide, supported by two legs ending in round pads joined by a bar. He got within 12 m of the object before it rose vertically with a deep, low-pitched hum, but no smoke, flame, or haze. It left two impressions.
• USA, Colorado, Alamosa: The carcass of a horse named Snippy was discovered. Unusual radioactivity and strange traces were claimed to have been found at the spot.
• USA, Connecticut, Winsted: Two teenage girls observed a large, glowing object, and three small figures, about 1. 25 m tall, with oversized heads, running near a barn. From the object came a noise similar to that of "a power mower when it fires but fails to start. " The object blacked out, and the figures hid while a car passed, after which the object pulsated between very bright white and dull red, and moved diagonally several times.
• USA, Florida, Crestview: An entire class at an elementary school observed an object 20 m above ground, 2 km away. It vanished suddenly as the children and their teacher, 33-year-old Robert Apfel, were watching it.
• USA, Florida, Crestview: More than two hundred children and three teachers saw an oval object, with a light at each end, come to ground level. Several other objects also were seen, moving up and down with a pendulum motion.
• USA, Florida, Jewish Creek: Barbara Fawcett, 18, and her sister saw a yellow "jagged" object rise above a swamp and land on a hill. Air Force investigators found a very large scorched area at the spot.
• USA, Idaho, Ririe: Will Begay and Clyde Soccie, in their early 20's, said that an object landed on top of their car, forcing them to stop. Two dwarfs spoke to them, but were not understood. The object left.
• USA, Illinois, Coffeen: A Methodist minister was driving on Route 185 near Coffeen when he saw an object, flat on the bottom, rounded on top, cross the road silently 100 m away, at low speed. Length, 20 m; height, 3 m.
• USA, Indiana Freetown: F. Bedel, 23, driving on Route 135 about 8 km north of Freetown saw a plate-shaped object with red, yellow, blue, and white blinking lights, lost control of his car, and ran off the road. Less than 2 km away, Phil Patton saw an identical object that came within 30 m of his car.
• USA, Louisiana, Baton Rouge,: January 12, a fisherman sitting in his boat on the west side of Old River saw this object and only had time to take one picture before it shot off at a 45 degree angle at a great rate of speed. No sound was heard during the experience.
• USA, Maryland, Linstead: Mrs. Rice and Mrs. Weston were talking on the phone when they were surprised to hear a very strong sound and saw an object flying low over their area. A third person saw the object, and many heard it. The snow was swirling under it. The object was mushroom-shaped, supported a dome with a fin, was greenish, and left toward the Severn River.
• USA, Massachusetts, Leominster: Two persons observed deep fog in the vicinity of a cemetery and saw a light in the center, coming from an object hovering 100 m above ground. Thinking it was a fire, the witnesses stopped. Paralysis and ignition interference were then noted while the object, about 13 m in diameter, oscillated and then departed with a whirring sound. It took about 20 min for the witnesses to recover muscular coordination.
• USA, Minnesota, Rochester: A boy who had gone outside to buy a newspaper saw an object resembling an inverted mushroom hovering 10 m above ground. It was not larger than a car, took a 45 (degree) orientation, oscillated, and left to the northwest. Three photographs were reportedly taken.
• USA, Minnesota, Winsted: A civilian man, 32, driving to work in his 1964 Chevy truck, had to stop and inspect the vehicle when its engine stalled. Only then did he observe an intense light to his right, coming closer. He saw it land on the road, and locked himself inside the cabin. The craft settled on a tripod landing gear; it measured 25 m in diameter and was 10 m high. Something similar to an elevator came down from it, and a man dressed in blue coveralls "with something like a glass fish bowl on his head, " of medium height, seemed to check something and left.
• USA, Montana, Belt: Numerous reports came from this area, including one of a landing observation. At dawn, police and a Malmstrom AFB helicopter made a search, with negative results.
• USA, Nebraska, Ashland: Police Officer Schirmer observed a bright, aluminium-colored object just above the road and approached within 14 m, when the object rose, emitting a shrill beeping noise and a red-orange beam. Under hypnosis at the University of Colorado, the witness reported that a small human form, about 1. 30 m tall, came from under the craft and approached him to communicate a message stating that "they" came from space and would meet him again.
• USA, New Hampshire, Red Hill: Mr. and Mrs. Fellows were driving toward Sandwich when they saw alighted object going up and down, turning from white to greenish blue, and following their car for 20 min until they reached Route 113. It left to the northeast. They reported feeling an "electric discharge" as it left, and their dog was very nervous during the observation.
• USA, New Mexico, Picacho Peak: At about 2:00pm on March 12, a New Mexico State University student was hiking in a desert area near Picacho Peak, New Mexico, when he spotted a big round silvery object hovering in the air just above a rocky hill about 500 yards away. He recalled smelling an electrical odor in the air.
• USA, New York, Churchville: A guard, Sidney Zipkin, 50, was driving through a large parking lot when he observed a cigar-shaped object, 16 m long, with green lights under it, land on the pavement. He stopped his truck within 30 m of the object, with the headlights aimed on it, and was surprised to see two dwarfs dressed in shiny black uniforms rush by the vehicle and enter the craft, which took off straight up.
• USA, New York, Newfield: Donald Chiszar, 13, and Pat Crozier, 10, saw a bright object hovering in mid-air. It tilted toward them, and they could see two big, square windows separated by a bar, and strange lettering under them. Two aliens, and control panels with lights and knobs, could be seen inside. It vanished on the spot.
• USA, North Dakota, Sawyer: Ronald Sherven and Robert Bodine saw a glowing, white object on a west-east trajectory north of Sawyer. The object was hidden by a hill at first but all of a sudden it appeared again over a cemetery, came to ground level, and sped away to the north.
• USA, Oklahoma, Duncan: Four boys were driving east on State Route 7 when they saw three men on the road, who "almost flew off and disappeared. " They were about 1. 20 m tall and wore shiny blue-green clothing. Their faces looked human, but they had very large ears. The next day a small footprint showing four toes was found in the mud.
• USA, Ohio, Boardman: A minister was awakened by a strange sound and had the "impulse" to go downstairs and look outside. Between his house and the next one, he saw a silhouette wearing a luminous suit. He thought someone was playing a prank, but the apparition was well-defined and looked real. It turned into a shapeless glow and vanished.
• USA, Ohio, Hilliards: A young man heard a strange noise and a barking dog, and saw an egg-shaped object land. From an elevator-like shaft came human figures that placed small spheres around the craft. A man walked to them and appeared to speak with the entities. The witness was seen, the creatures tried to abduct him, and then took off.
• USA, Ohio, Holmes County: Six teenagers observed a silvery, disk-shaped object with a pointed projection on top and multicolored lights, 100 m away, and felt a heat wave when it hovered above them.
• USA, Ohio, Milford: Miss Hildebrand, 19, and Michael McKee fled when they saw a large shiny object off the road. Returning to the scene with a policeman, they found broken branches at the site.
• USA, Ohio, Price Hill: Two children saw a disk-shaped object 1 m in diameter and 25 cm thick, making a metallic noise as it hovered 10 m above them. They took a series of photos that show only a blur.
• USA, Pennsylvania, Butler: A man and his daughter saw two lights that they thought were landing lights on aircraft, but they came to ground level, flew straight toward the car, and suddenly vanished. At the same time, five figures appeared about 3 m away. They had narrow, pointed noses, mouths and eyes like slits, blond hair, rough skin, and were dressed in loose "hunterlike" clothes. Witnesses drove away as fast as they could.
• USA, Pennsylvania, Jonestown: Justice of the Peace John H. Demler was driving north on Route 72 when his car stalled and the lights went out. He then saw an object, 10 m in diameter, which gave off a smell of sulphur and camphorated oil, hovering low over the car, which was pulled and rocked when the object took off. Physiological effects (perspiration and peeling skin) were reported after 12 hours. The object gave off a sound resembling an electric motor, and emitted sparks.
• USA, Utah, Saint George: Michael Campeadore, 25, a hospital employee, was driving to Salt Lake City when he heard a noise similar to that of a truck, but saw nothing. Then a yellow light became visible to the left, and thinking that it was a jet plane about to crash, he got out and saw it stop 30 m away at 30 m altitude. It was shaped like an inverted bowl with a dome on top and looked metallic. The witness became afraid and emptied his . 25 Beretta in the direction of the craft. He heard the bullets hit metal and the object took off at great speed. When he told his story at a nearby service station, the attendant replied that about 20 reports had been made in the Saint George area recently.
• USA, Virginia, Follansbee: Three witnesses observed an object as they were driving on Route 2. It was round , hovered at rooftop level, left suddenly at high speed. Its size was that of a car, and the underside showed several lights.
• USA, Virginia, Richmond: John Norton, 7, had to be taken to a hospital after observing a disk-shaped, buzzing object the size of a Volkswagen, with green and red lights, which landed in a clearing and took off "like lightning"
• USA, Virginia, South Hill: Mr. Crowder was driving home when he saw an object on the road 70 m away. Supported by four legs, it was a vertical cylinder, 5 m in diameter, with a half-sphere on top. It was gray and its base was 1 m above the pavement. When the witness turned his high beams on, the craft gave off a vertical light and vanished. The road burned for15 min. Mr. Martin, who lived nearby, also observed the light. Holes, traces of burns, and calcined matches were noted at the site.
• USA, West Virginia, Charleston: Tad Jones, 38, was driving near Charleston when he saw a large, metal sphere, about 6 m in diameter, having four legs equipped with wheels and a very small propeller underneath. Two min later it flew away.
• USA, Wisconsin, Green Lake: Four boys with binoculars observed an object come lower with oscillating motions, illuminating the woods 1 km away. It was cone-shaped, with a blue underside, and a top that changed from red to orange to white.
• USA, Wisconsin, Ogema: Mr. and Mrs. Miedtke, awakened by the barking of their dog, saw a large hemispherical object with a fluorescent glow and a short flash of light. Too terrified to go outside, they heard heavy footsteps around their trailer. At dawn there was a sound like that of a generator, and seconds later the object was gone.
• Venezuela, Barinas: Orlando Gonzales and two other persons saw an oval object, 1. 5 m high, resting in the middle of a highway 80 m away. It left straight up.
• Venezuela, Boraure: Guillermo Roldan, his daughter, and other persons saw a glowing, egg-shaped object fly across the sky at high speed, stop suddenly and descend to ground level. As the witnesses rushed toward the area, the object took off at very high speed.
• Venezuela, Caracas: Near Caracas, a race track employee was attacked by a very strong creature that choked him, but ran away when a horse was heard neighing frantically in the stable. Thirty min later, a horse was attacked, and an employee saw a dwarf, 1 m tall, "zoom" out of the building.
• Venezuela, Caracas: In the San Bernardino section, Pedro Riera, of Avila Ave. , was awakened by the shaking of his bed and saw a creature in his room, which "flew" out through the open window. Lights on the ground blinded the witness when he rushed to the balcony. Other people had seen a strange vehicle parked in the street. That afternoon, a strange dwarf entered the office of Dr. S. Vegas, who examined him. The being spoke perfect Spanish, had peculiar heart sounds, and did not understand the notion of "age. "
• Venezuela, Caracas: Paula Valdez, suffering from a headache, was suddenly aroused by a whistling sound and saw a small man, with a large head and prominent eyes, who said: "I want you to come with us, so that you'll know other worlds, and you'll realize how small your world is. " The witness screamed wildly, and the apparition ran.
• Venezuela, Caracas: A. Aguilar, 23, saw a creature outside her bedroom window and screamed. Her parents ran into the room in time to see it soaring over rooftops, surrounded by a bluish-yellow glow. It moved as if suspended from a balloon. A strong smell of "melted iron" was detected by all.
• Venezuela, Caracas: Two persons saw a luminous, whitish object, 10 m in diameter, resembling two plates glued together. The whole yard was illuminated and a humming sound was heard. A door opened in the base of the craft, and something similar to a light bulb lowered itself to ground level. This, too, had an opening, from which stepped a small man in silvery, luminous clothes, his head surrounded with vapor. He was about 5 m away from the witnesses, and was observed to pick up stones, examine them, look up and seem to communicate with the main object. He then dropped the stones and stepped into the "bulb" that reentered the craft, which took off.
• Venezuela, Catia la Mar: Three disks of large dimension were seen to emerge from the sea by Ruben Norato, after he observed a "precipitous movement of the water. "
• Venezuela, Hato Viejo Farm: Nelson Gutierrez, a salesman, saw an object on the Plains Highway, and a creature, of which he took several photographs.
• Venezuela, Maiquetia Airport: Esteban D. Cova, a private in the Marines, was relieved of duty at the airport and returned to his quarters. Then he met an ugly dwarf, 1 m tall, with a huge head, bulgy eyes, and a body covered with "hairy stuff or wiry metal. " It made a deep whistling sound, and Cova felt a prickling sensation in his body. In perfect Spanish the creature said: "Won't you come with me? We need one human being. " Cova fainted.
• Venezuela, Maturin: Saki Macharechi spotted an object in flight, which he thought was a heron, land near a bridge. He then saw that it was a dwarf, about 1 m tall, with huge eyes.
• Venezuela, Recife: Engineer Hugo S. Yepes was on a beach 25 km north of Recife when he saw a disk, 6 m in diameter, come out of the water. It was gray, looked metallic, hovered for a few sec at 1 m altitude, then rose slowly to the east and disappeared.
• Venezuela, Salina: Evangelic Pastor Estanislao Lugo Contreras was at the shore when he saw a disk-shaped object with a very bright orange glow emitting a buzzing sound, rise out of the sea, hover a few seconds then rise obliquely.
• Venezuela, Valencia: Police Officer P. A. Andrade was on duty at City Hall when he heard a humming noise and footsteps in a garage. He met a dwarf, 1 m tall, with a big head and bulging, reddish glowing eyes, wearing a silver-colored, metallic-looking coverall. Andrade pointed his machine gun at the creature, but a voice from a hovering disk said in Spanish that he should not harm the creature. The dwarf then tried to convince Andrade to come to "their world, " adding it was "very distant and much larger than the Earth, and with many advantages for Earthlings. " When Andrade declined, the creature flew back into the object, which left.
1967 Project Blue Book Unknowns
• USA, Delaware Feb. 6, 1967; Odessa, Delaware. 8:45 p.m. Witnesses: Donald and Marie Guseman. One large, Saturn-shaped object--5O' in diameter and 20' high--with two bright lights, a green light on one side and a red light on the other. Hovered motionless over the trees, then slowly moved north and suddenly disappeared after 2 minutes.
• USA, Illinois March 6, 1967; Galesburg-Moline, Illinois. 4:25 a.m. Witness: Deputy Sheriff Frank Courson. One object shaped like a rubber cup which is placed under furniture leg, with a dome set in the cup. Bottom of object spun rapidly, rim pulsated red. Approached witness and passed overhead at low altitude, making a hieeing sound.
• USA, Illinois March 9, 1967; Galesburg, Illinois. 7:10 p.m. Witnesses: two housewives. One object shaped like a pancake with a rounded top; object was pulsating red, with red lights around its rim. Approached witnesses and seemed to explode with a brilliant white light that lasted 10 seconds and almost blinded them. Then it accelerated to the north and disappeared.
• USA, Iowa March 9, 1967; Onawa, Iowa. 9:05 p.m. Witness: Jack Lindley. One bright white, saucer-shaped object, as big as a jet airliner, flew straight and fast to the east for 2 minutes.
• USA, Iowa March 22, 1967; Wapello, Iowa. 10:20 p.m. Witness: Douglas Eutsler, 15. Fluorescent, solid, multicolored lights stood still, then flew away at high speed after 1 minute.
• USA, Louisiana Oct. 18, 1967; Lake Charles, Louisiana. 9 p.m. Witness: John Herbert. One bright, fiery ball flashed four times while moving east, just above the tree tops. Sighting lasted 1 minute.
• USA, Michigan March 6, 1967; Benton Harbor, Michigan. 12:01 a.m. Witnesses: Jerome Wolanin, assistant news director of radio station and former policeman, and wife. One round saucer or oval-shaped object with red, green and yellow lights around bottom rim which pulsated red. Flew level, east to west, and was joined by second object from west. First object opened top, second came over and hovered for 30 seconds and disappeared. Sighting lasted more than 40 minutes. Objects made hissing sound.
• USA, Michigan Feb. 27, 1967; Grand Haven, Michigan. 8:19 p.m. Witnesses: Sheriff Grysen, wife and others. Large white light, with smaller red and green lights seen to the sides. Made almost instantaneous 90^ turn to left, shot out over road and stopped, moving too fast to follow. Sighting lasted 1 hour, 11 minutes.
• USA, Mississippi July 10, 1967; Lizelia, Mississippi. 5:50 p.m. Witness: golf pro Harold Washington (Capt, USMC, ret.). One object with a dome, the top colored gunmetal blue, the bottom the color of old lead. Moved east, crossed the highway tilted upward, moved to the right, accelerated and disappeared into the clouds after 3-5 seconds. Object made a swishing sound.
• USA, Montana March 24, 1967; Belt, Montana. 99 p.m. Witness: truck driver Ken Williams. One dome-shaped object, emitting a bright light, landed in a ravine. As the witness approached, it took off and settled back, hidden from the highway. Sighting lasted several minutes.
• USA, New Jersey June 29' 1967; Scotch Plains, New Jersey. 1:30 a.m. Witness: truck driver Damon Brown. One oyster-shaped object--2OO' wide, and 25-30' thick--with a huge red light at each end and one on the bottom, and a row of blue lights along the bottom. Circled m.n aircraft, hovering then moving rapidly, and then followed the witness' car for about 500', veered south and departed at great speed after 8-10 minutes.
• USA, North Carolina May 17, 1967; Rural Hall, North Carolina. 8:30 p.m. Witness: Red Ledford. One round, orange-colored object, similar in size to a small aircraft, zigzagged back and forth over a jet that was heading northeast for 5 minutes.
• USA, Ohio March 26, 1967; New Winchester, Ohio. 4 p.m. Witnesses: man, woman, three boys. One oval object, which looked like copper or brass with the sun shining on it, flew from southeast to northwest with tumbling motion for 30 minutes.
• USA, Texas June 24, 1967; Austin, Texas. 3:12 a.m. Witness: artist Ray Stanford. One solid, blue-white, elliptical object flew from northwest to northeast and stopped, seemingly in response to flashlight signal, for 1.5 minutes. The object then proceeded along its original path at high speed and disappeared behind clouds. Sighting lasted 9 minutes.
• USA, Wisconsin Feb. 20, 1967; Oxford, Wisconsin. 3:10 a.m. Witness: USAF veteran/truck driver Stanton Summer. One orange-red object flew parallel to truck for 2 minutes.
• USA, Wisconsin Feb. 16, 1967; Stoughton, Wisconsin. 9:11 p.m. Witness: Miss Lynn Marsh. One light with faded edges seemed to follow observer in her car for 5-6 minutes.
1968 - 1975
• Argentina, Bouchard: Jorge Ribles, electrician at the Carmal Chemical Plant, noticed that the engines were at a stand still, while the countryside was lit up with intensive reddish light. Another man, 52-year-old Jose J. Rociski, fell unconscious as a vivid light enveloped him. He was unable to move his left arm for three days, and suffered from pain and extreme nervousness.
• Argentina, Cabreria: A settler, Romulo Velasco, 25, saw a bright object land. From it emerged a strange "tall, slim being" who came toward the witness, who fainted.
• Argentina, Carlos Paz: Pedro Pretzel, 39, motel owner, observed an object 50 m away on road 20, showing two powerful red headlights. Arriving at his room, the witness found his daughter unconscious. When she came to, she said that a blond man, 2 m tall, wearing a blue, bright suit, and holding a pale-blue sphere in his hand, had appeared and spoken to her.
• Argentina, Cofico: A boy, Sola, saw, a few meters away, a strange being, about 2. 10 m tall, hovering in the air, his body emitting a peculiar glow, near a bright, unknown object.
• Argentina, El Choro: Chief of Provincial Police German Rocha and Police Major Niceforo Leon observed a round object with a vivid blue light. It landed, left a strange, powerful odor, and burned grass and shrubs.
• Argentina, Mendiozaca: Jorge Yaru, 35, saw a strange light outside and a bright object, the size of a bus, 30 m away. It had yellow, green and red lights at the bottom. As he approached, the object rose suddenly, hovered for 40 min, and left at high speed.
• Argentina, Mendoza: Three witnesses, among them two Casino employees, stated that they observed five dwarfs, with oversized heads, who emerged from a landed craft and traced undecipherable signs on the ground.
• Argentina, Miramar: A man riding his bicycle encountered a large object, 50 cm above the ground. The top part was spinning, and it cast a vertical beam of red light toward the ground. Calcination traces were found by police.
• Argentina, Ricardone: Raul Calcedo met two giants, almost 3 m tall, in Ricardone. He fled in terror, in spite of a strange power that tended to make him stay.
• Argentina, Sierra Chica: Oscar H. Iriart, 15, saw two men of normal height, with short, white hair and red clothes, semi-transparent legs, motioning to him. Near them was an elliptical, silvery machine, 2 m long, 60 cm high, with three 50 cm legs. The men gave him an envelope with a childish message and flew off. The witness's horse and dog were paralyzed for several minutes. The boy arrived home "like a mad-man. "
• Azores, Criacaodo Cabrito: Serafim Vieira Sebastiao, a watchman at the Azores Air Station, saw "an oval object with a metallic gleam, topped by a glass tower with a small balustrade on which two beings were standing. " There were two other figures inside the tower. When he shone a light toward it, a cloud of dust surrounded the witness, the craft vanished, and he fainted. Investigation by American military authorities.
• Brazil, Botucatu: Three boys saw an object, about 8 m wide, 350 m away. It had a large tripod undercarriage and a ladder reaching down to the ground. These devices were retracted, and the object rose a few meters, then flew off at high speed.
• Brazil, Chascomus: Gerardo Vidal and his wife were driving along Route 2 when they were caught in "a dense fog" and lost consciousness for 48 hours. When they came to, it was daytime, and the car, whose paint was badly scorched, was parked in an unknown road. They spoke to local people and found that they were in Mexico. (Vallee claims this is a hoax in a later book)
• Brazil, Lins: Maria Josa Cintra, who worked at the Clemente Ferreira Sanatorium, was awakened by a noise. At the front door was a "foreign-looking" woman of normal height, wearing light-colored clothes, and a headdress exposing only her face. She spoke in an unknown language, and handed Marie a mug and a glass bottle covered with beautiful engravings. Maria filled them. The woman said something such as "Rempaua, " and went out to a pearl-shaped, bright object that took off with the sound of wings.
• Brazil, Lins: Doribio Pereira, 41, municipal employee, suddenly observed a golden, cigar-shaped object, and a figure armed with a flashing weapon that immobilized him. Three beings were standing on a platform under the craft, and another figure appeared to be using a keyboard inside the transparent top part. The object took off rapidly, leaving the witness in a state of shock.
• Canada, Quebec: Children see a landed UFO and an alien at St. Stanislas de Koska.
• England, Hanbury: Mr. and Mrs. Milakovic were driving to Hednesford when they suddenly saw a brilliant object rising from a field to the left and hovering above a house. It appeared to "quiver like a jelly. " Several figures were seen on the deck of the craft for about five min, then it left with a jerky motion.
• France, Fleury-d'Aude: A dozen witnesses saw a lens-shaped object surrounded with a blue glow, making a noise similar to that of a jet and emitting flashes, which landed in a field briefly. It suddenly took off and was lost to sight at the horizon.
• La Reunion Island, Plaine-des-Cafres: Luce Fontaine, 31, a farmer, was in a clearing when he suddenly saw an oval object, 25 m away, less than 5 m above ground. It had a clear center, dark-blue ends, two protrusions on top and bottom, and measured 5 min diameter, 2. 5 m in height. In the object stood two beings, 90 cm tall, wearing coveralls. A violent flash and a blast of hot air were noted as the object vanished.
• USA, New York, Syracuse: Nick Sgouris, while driving to work, observed a luminous, cigar-shaped object, about 20 m long, showing numerous multi-colored lights. The car almost stopped as the object flew low overhead, and the witness was briefly paralyzed.
1968 Project Blue Book Unknowns
• USA, Florida Sept. 15, 1968; near Ocala, Florida. 9:30 p.m. Witness: missionary pilot Jay Cole, flying a Beech C-45 twin-engined utility plane. One light performed aerobatics for 15 minutes and then vanished. A second light appeared, heading toward them on a collision course, made a 90* turn and disappeared. Later, ground radar told them a target was following them. Sightings lasted 15 minutes.
• USA, Georgia Nov. 23, 1968. Newton, Georgia. 8:05 p.m. Witness: Mr. Jones, accountant. One oblong light, 120-150' wide. Hovering 75' above the ground, it emitted a beam that lit the ground. Radio gave off static, then car engine stopped. Light flew away vertically and car engine restarted itself. Sighting lasted 3-4 minutes.
• USA, Missouri Feb. 9, 1968; Groveton, Missouri. 4:20 a.m. Witness: Mr. R.W. Bland. One object, 100' in diameter, with concave sides having "portholes" in the center of each gave off yellow-green light. Hovered 25' above ground, then moved rapidly toward the southwest. Gave off pulsating sound, like a length of wire whirled at high speed above the head. Sighting lasted 1-5 minutes.
• Colombia, Anolaima: Eleven witnesses see a daylight disc UFO hover over a farm.
• USA, Georgia, Leary,. While Jimmy Carter was the governor of Georgia, he sighted a UFO. It was on January 6, at 7:15 P.M. He filed a report with the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena. The report explained that there was a large, bright object in the sky. It moved toward him from a distance, stopped, moved away, and then departed. It had a blue color at first, then it turned reddish. It wasn't really a solid figure, it was more like a light. The object looked the size of the moon. It was about 300-1000 miles away and was about 30 degrees above the horizon. Robert Sheaffer, a scientist that works for the government believes that Jimmy Carter really saw Venus, but Carter denies that. He even signed a paper that states that he encountered a UFO.
1969 Project Blue Book Unknowns
• USA, Virginia Jan. 17, 1969; Crittenden, Virginia. 3:24 a.m. Witness: Mr. Roman Lupton, test facility mechanic. Several amber lights--one of them blinking--in an elliptical formation, flew forward slowly while moving up and down, then turned and disappeared after 2 minutes. Made a humming sound.
1970 Finland, Imjarvi: Two skiers see a UFO descend and emit a beam of light.
1971 Sri Lanka, Hewaheta: UFOs with stubby side wings are seen over a tea plantation.
• Mexico, Ixtalapa: Two flying humanoid aliens seen by a crowd in the plaza at Ixtalapa.
• England, Warminster. Two farmers, Bryce Bond and Arthur Shuttlewood, report a circular impression being mysteriously found in a wheat field. This is the first modern recorded incidence of the crop circle phenomenon.
• Romania, Clu. Mr. Amiel Barnea photographed a hat-shaped UFO Similiar to one photographed in Santa Ana, California by Mr. Rex Heflin. Six years after that occurrence, Belotie, Yugoslavia was the sight of another similar witnessing.
• Mexico, Morelos Cocoyoc: On November 3, an object descended and landed in a grass scrub area beside a road with its arms splayed out evenly around it. It landed on the arms projected downward.
• USA, Mississippi, Pascagoula: Charles Hickson and Calvin Parker are captured by alien robots and taken aboard a saucer in Pascagoula.
• USA, Ohio, Mansfield: On October 18, The four-man crew of an Army Reserve UH-1H helicopter, based in Cleveland was returning from Columbus, Ohio. The crew saw a red light to the west heading south. The red light appeared to be on a collision course, approaching at a speed estimated to be more than 600 knots. Just as a collision appeared imminent, the light suddenly stopped and hovered above and in front of the helicopter. They saw a cigar-shaped, gray metallic appearing, domed object whose apparent size filled the entire windshield. The object appeared solid, blotting out the stars behind it. It had a red light at the nose, a white light at the tail, and a distinctive green beam emanating from the lower part of the otherwise featureless "fuselage." The green beam swung up over the helicopter nose, through the windshield, and into the upper tinted window panels. The cockpit was bathed in intense green light. No noise or turbulence was noted. After a few seconds, the object accelerated and moved off to the west.
• Canada, Langenburg, Saskatchewan: On September 1, Farmer Edwin Fuhr, was harvesting his rape crop when he noticed a metallic-appearing dome-shaped object about 50 feet away in a grassy area. Stopping to investigate, he noted that the object was spinning and swirling the grass beneath it. He four more domes arranged in a rough semi-circle, all spinning, and hovering about a foot above the ground. One object took off, quickly followed by the other four, ascending in a step formation. At about 200 feet they stopped, each emitting a puff of gray vapor from exhaust-like extensions at the base. The vapor extended about six feet, followed by a downward gust of wind, which flattened the rape in the immediate area. The objects then formed a straight line, hovered for a minute or two, then abruptly ascended into the low cloud cover and disappeared.
• USA, Ohio, Mansfield, Four National Guardsman aboard Bell UH-1H chopper report sighting large nocturnal object on collision course. Pilot-in-Command Capt. Coyne puts chopper in descent mode. Object stops in front of chopper, then continues westward travel, after which Coyne discovers that chopper actually rose 2000 ft. Klass' explanation of a bolide is not supported by testimony, circumstances, or scientific principles.
• USA, New Jersey, Carbondale,. A glowing object fell into a small lake outside town. Three teenagers saw it fall at 7:30 p.m. on a Saturday. They observed a yellow-white glow under the water that shifted to a point 25 feet offshore. The boys were kept in a police car for three hours while a number of vehicles with floodlights and cranes removed a disc-shaped object and put it into a van. The following Monday, a railroad lantern and battery were recovered from the lake and officials called the whole thing a hoax.
• Wales, Llandderfel: A UFO crashes at Llandderfel. The British Army recovers two dead aliens.
• Switzerland. The authenticity of the hundreds of photos and films of beam ships from the Pleiades and at least one member of its crew -- taken by a one-armed farmer living in Switzerland in, is still hotly debated.
• USA, Arizona, Snowflake: Travis Walton is hauled aboard a UFO by a tractor beam near Snowflake. He is missing for five days and then returns with an amazing abduction story.